Whats better FTA OR DISHNETWORK?

clora12

Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
I have both. I enjoy my dp301 much better than my fortec fta. Why? BECAUSE OF THE MENU!

I have yet to find a better menu than the dish net receviers! Anyone disagree?

As long as you don't want OTA-HD, your're ok. If you do, you will not get guide data for PBS-HD or many sub-channels - even though you'll have to pay for the local channels to get what limited guide data they provide.
All Direct TV receivers do provide guide data for essentially all the channels -analog and digital) you can pull in OTA and you don't have to pay for it.
Direct TV DVR provides recording of two channels (Sat or OTA) at the same time same time. Dish 942 and 622 allow recording of two Sat but only one OTA channel (or one of each) at a time.

smokejoe said:
As long as you don't want OTA-HD, your're ok. If you do, you will not get guide data for PBS-HD or many sub-channels - even though you'll have to pay for the local channels to get what limited guide data they provide.
All Direct TV receivers do provide guide data for essentially all the channels -analog and digital) you can pull in OTA and you don't have to pay for it.
Direct TV DVR provides recording of two channels (Sat or OTA) at the same time same time. Dish 942 and 622 allow recording of two Sat but only one OTA channel (or one of each) at a time.

The user was banned. There is no reason to answer them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)