Whats Dish going to charge me for a 722?

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
So I have been with Dish for about 18 months now and I currently have a 722 and a 222k. I have a EHD with about 150 movies on it and I want to get rid of my 222k and get another 722 so I can move my EHD from the basement to the upstairs and be able to use it on either receiver. How much is Dish going to charge me for another 722? Thanks guys.

Call DISH and ask there is no set charge for existing customers. It depends on your history with DISH how they value you as a customer.

extra receiver fee will be 17 bucks a month. plus whatever they charge you for the upgrade,

with sales tax over 200 bucks a year

Ya I realized the 17 bucks a month for the 722. whats the difference a month you pay for a 722 and a 222k so I can figure how much my bill will go up.

Be careful, when I tried to upgrade from a 622 to 722k, I was told you cannot request a 722k, because to Dish 622 and 722k are the same. So even though you request a 722 you may end up with a 622.

I got 2 - 722k for a $95 tech visit. I told the CSR that if they did not bring 722k I would refuse them and he said he would note that on the service tag. I had no problem what so ever. Got rid of my old 622 and 625 but I did have to agree to another 2 years.

I got 2 - 722k for a $95 tech visit. I told the CSR that if they did not bring 722k I would refuse them and he said he would note that on the service tag. I had no problem what so ever. Got rid of my old 622 and 625 but I did have to agree to another 2 years.

Ya I was just quoted $99 for a 722. If they have the balls to bring a 622 to my house I will just refuse the order like I did on my initial install when they tried that trick!

One problem. You can move the EHD 3 times, then it stops working and you have to call and re-enable the USB port for another $40. At least, that's how it used to work.

gadgetguru63 NOT TRUE. You can use the EHD on any household DVR of the same class. I remember the old rule and tolerated while it lasted about 2 years ago. I freely switch between 9 drives on 2 722s. I only paid the $40 once, way back when.
-Ken

Doesn't it bother anyone that Dish should know exactly what you have and that there is a difference between different receiver/DVR model numbers? Does it not bother anyone that your upgrade price depends on how much Dish values you as a customer (hmmm... seems like something that could be reportable under federal guidelines if you ask me). If you pay your bills consistently on time then everyone should be "valued" the same. Just another way to make more money for them if you ask me. While I love the Dish HD content availability, they have pretty poor business practices (of course, no better than anyone else in the telecommunications sector).

I just bought my 722K for my motor home, from a local retailer for $427, then looked at Amazon and found some in I believe the $333 range. Dish said because it was a mobile unit, could not make any deals, but quoted me $454 or near that at a 'Special Price', so I went out looking and found what I thought was the best price, until I saw Amazon.

Last edited:
I have a 722, and a 322 for a total of 4 TVs. If I were to somehow replace the 322 with a 722, what would that cost?

1. What would Dish want for the 722 - I would not accept anything other than a brand new 722K?

2. What will it do to the monthly bill in terms of rent/lease/fees?

Many thanks :D

What does 'mobile' have to do with anything? There are no special fees or programs for RVs.

Some CSRs sure get creative. L)

So I have been with Dish for about 18 months now and I currently have a 722 and a 222k. I have a EHD with about 150 movies on it and I want to get rid of my 222k and get another 722 so I can move my EHD from the basement to the upstairs and be able to use it on either receiver. How much is Dish going to charge me for another 722? Thanks guys.

Given the purpose you state here, you will save $7 a month by getting a 612 instead of a 722.

It will accept the same EHD as your 722.

Only difference is that it has one output - but it has the same number of tuners as a 722.

In fact, if you only have two TVs, and one is HD and the other SD, then you can connect TV2 output of your 722 to a wireless sender to your other room, and save $17 a month by not getting a second receiver at all.

622 to 722k

I have a leased 622 now and I want the 722k:

-Owning vs. Leasing (is one hands down better than the other?)

-What are they likely to charge me for the upgrade? (I am a DISH customer for a number of years and currently NOT under contract with my 622.)

-How much do they typically charge for installation?

-I do want the optional OTA tuner. Is that actually a DUAL tuner? How much are those typically?

Three Strikes And DISH Is Out?

A week ago yesterday I called DISH and told them that I wanted to upgrade from my current 622 to a 722k. They told me that a technician would be out the next day (Saturday) between 0800 at 1200 to perform the installation. On Saturday I called at about 1000 to verify that someone was en route. After a long time on hold, someone referred me to another level and told me that they made a mistake and that nobody would be performing the installation.

The person at the next level said that he could just ship the 722k and that the swap out was pretty simple since I already had a 622. I also ordered the optional over the air tuner at that time. Earlier this week a box arrived and it contained a 622! When I called DISH I was told that the 622, 722, and 722k were all considered the same by DISH.

I still haven't received a call back from DISH. I will be sending the 622 back, but I am pretty disappointed in them right now. I sounds like the most viable option is for me to simply order from Dish Depot and buy a 722k outright.

Does anybody here have any suggestions on how to proceed next? I would have been satisfied just leasing a 722k for another 2 year commitment, but they make it pretty difficult for a longtime customer. Maybe I should jump ship and go to Direct TV.

Buy your own and that way you can sell it on E-bay or trade back into dish depot towards a newer receiver when it comes on line. That is what I do. I own all of mine and upgrade through either dish depot or the dishstore.net. I don't like lease deals.

I was ready to sign a new 24 month contract ,pay the $100 plus $15 to upgrade my 522 to 722 HD
I was then told by Dish that they could not guarantee I would get a 722 under dish'n it up. I was told They may send me a 622 instead.
That was the last straw for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)