What's easier?1000.2 or dpp44?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TIKT B8

Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I have the dish 1000 but want to install a third receiver. I was told on another thread that i could do either a dpp44 switch or a dish 1000.2. Which one would be easier? I have found both to be about the same in price and i am leaning to the dpp44 because if i move i will probably get a 1000.2 at my new house through dish and i will still have the switch to use if i ever want to add any more receivers. But i prefer the easiest method right now.:D Thanks for your help.

To me the 1000.2 is the easiest because if you go with the DPP44 switch, you'll need to run cables to the DPP44 and then to the receivers. If you go with the 1000.2, you run straight cable runs to the receivers.

With the DPP44 switch you can have 4 receivers though and if you plan on adding another one, might as well just go with the DPP44 switch.

I usually get around 85% on my 129 with the DPP44 on my home system. The other day I tuned in the triple LNB for a customer and got around 86%. So....your call. About the same either way. If you have access to multiple dishes you may want to try 2 or 3 different ones to see which one gets the best signal. Those dishes are just made from stamped aluminum. Some line up better than others. You take three dishes, put them all together the same way and I promise you that you will get three different signal strengths out of all of them.

If the price is similar, I would go with the 1000.2-Less wiring/esier. If you use a 44 switch, you would first have to bring the cables to the switch then to the receivers.

Last edited:
No repoint

If you add the DPP44 then existing dish will work w/ no repoint to sats. to change out to the 1000.2 you are going to have to aim and peak it from scratch.

Re-peaking

From what I have understopod was that the settings are the same for the 1000 and the 1000.2-Please correct me if I am wrong. I also know that the arms are different between the 2. I guess that is what whatchel1 meant.

Last edited:
His 1000 is working now

If you read the origianl post he has a 1000 that is already working. If he puts in the the 1000.2 he will have to point it. If he has never done 1 then it is gonna be much easier for him to do the switch. That's what I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)