What's needed for a third receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
I recently had an upgrade to a Dish 1000.2 antenna and two Dish HD receivers. There are two lines running from the 1000.2 to a dual grounding block and two single lines running from the dual grounding block to each of the two receivers.

My question is, if I add a third HD receiver, other than the line running from the receiver to the location of the existing grounding block (I'm providing that line already), what changes are necessary to hook up that line to the 1000.2's output? Obviously another grounding block, but more lines out of the antenna? An external switch?

Are these changes home user doable (e.g., I do all my own coax wiring, but my 1000.2 was professionally installed)?

Your 1000.2 has three outputs so yes just run another wire from the 3rd output into a ground block and then to where ever you want it.

Thanks. I hadn't looked closely at the 1000.2, so I wasn't aware that a third output was readily available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)