What's on your favorite channel list?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Hello All:
After getting pretty familiar with the Fortec Star Dynamic Receiver, I decided one night last week to make a favorites list..Using the Fav2 list..I came up with this:

Ku-Band Satellite Favorites-English

Fortec Star Dynamic Receiver

2 Gospel Broadcating Network
3 KFTL-28 Oakland, Calif-Family Stations
9 Ohio News Network
15 Retro Television East
16 Retro Television West
20 ABC News Now
29 Yesterday USA (Radio)
34 Macys
50 Mhz Worldview
60 Daystar
78 Saudi TV
88 Heaven Vision
90 Gospel Broadcasting Network (different programming)
101 The Word Network
116 Al Jazreea English
118 Globecast (Informecials)
124 Press TV
149 Safe TV
150 Love World
156 Cornerstone (Pittsburgh)
185 Al Jazreea English
189 Russia Today
194 TBN
195 Church Channel
196 God's Learning Channel
197 Smile of a Child
203 JCTV
206 Fashion TV
207 Emmanuel TV
218 KUIL-64 Beaumont, Texas
219 3ABN
223 Global Christian Network
225 Apostolic Oneness Network
226 Gospel Music Television
228 Hope Channel
232 Biography
233 History
253 Pentagon Channel
261-64 Bob Jones Home School Channels (Till May 31)
268 KBTZ-24-Fox Missoula, Montana
269 WNYI-52-Ithaca, New York-Retrojams
270 KKTU-2-ABC Casper, Wyoming
271 KPBI-34 Eureka Springs, Arkansas-MyNet
272 KMMF-17 Missoula, Montana-Fox
277 WNGS-67 Springville, NY-ThisTV
278 KWWF-22 Waterloo, Iowa-AMG
279 KFDF-10 Ft. Smith, Arkansas-ThisTV
281 KEGS Las Vegas, Nevada-AMG
282 KLMN-26 Great Falls, Montans-Fox
284 KTVC-36 Eugene, Oregon-AMG
285 KQUP-24 Pullman/Spokane, Washington-AMG
286 WMQF-19 Marquette, Michigan-Fox
288 KKYK-24 Camden, Arkansas-ThisTV
289 KARZ-42 Little Rock, Arkansas-MyNet
290 KDEV-LP Cheynne, Wyoming
293 WPXS-13 St. Louis, Missouri
296 KCBU-3 Salt Lake City, Utah-AMG
297 KWBM-31 Springfield, Missouri-MyNet
298 Daystar
299 3CTV-Programming
300 3CTV-Bulletin Board
304 KTWO-2 Casper, Wyoming-ABC
306 CEA-Educational
307 VA Knowledge
308 Research Channel
309 Univ. of Washington TV
310 Montana PBS
322 White Springs TV

Count-71 Channels

I tried to get what would be a representative set of North American English Channels that might serve as a guide to anyone that just wants a simple English Channel list without having to navigate all the foreign channels in between..The list also begins at 72 West and ends at 129 West..

This makes it easier for my wife, as she already enjoys the Incredible Hulk nightly on RTN..

what's a favorite list? ;)

I have basically English only channels with a few ethnic ones in my list

I don't have favourite lists, I just delete what I don't want to watch, but my setup is just for me so I don't have to be family conscious with it. My channel list changes every day:)

what's a favorite list? ;)

I have basically English only channels with a few ethnic ones in my list

I wouldnt mind ethnic channels so much if I could understand what people are saying..I could probably change the name of the list from Fav2 if I wanted..Just havent gotten around to it yet..Plus by hitting the FAV button on my remote, I can go from ALL to my list in a second..

TAN 1/KBS

TAN 2/MBC

TAN 3/SBS

Arirang

Russia Today

Al Jazreea English

Press TV

Research Channel

Univ. of Washington TV

Montana PBS

JCTV

I can honestly say I have yet to use any favorite feature function on any STB yet! To me it is kind of like having a cigarette lighter in the car, not everyone smokes and it is just there if you want to use it.

My TV watching habits consists of FTA, Provider Satellite and Cable & OTA HD so since I jump all over the place, it is just different throughout the day until 7 PM. Then I am on Provider Sat A&E for CSI Miami then over for the rest of the evening to TRUTV for the forensics stuff Peter Thomas on the Forensic Files! The FTA happens in the morning to afternoons for scanning and watching my favorite birds time allowed.

Not that it would be cool to use but my watching birds is really everyplace so it is really no need to use it. But I might add, I might do this with the bedroom box since my wife does like to watch certain things just on GloryStar. Might be a thing to consider! :up

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

I wouldnt mind ethnic channels so much if I could understand what people are saying..

Ebru is Turkish, but is in English. Best Turk also sometimes runs English subtitled movies. IRIB2 is in Persian, but has English subtitles in the evening. Sometimes they have a second audio stream in English when there are no subtitles. There are probably more foreign channels out there with English subtitles or audio that I'm overlooking. MHz has foreign programming in English, I've watched some very good documentaries on MHz.

I study languages, but often watch channels in languages I have no plans to study and know nothing about. When I don't know the language, I usually listen to the music. I've enjoyed some of the music videos on VBS Vietnamese TV lately, in the morning. Sometimes the Thai or Cambodian channels will be on in the background at our house. Something about that Asian sound I just plain like.

TRT, which is in Turkish, has had some great 'recorded live' music shows on Sunday mornings with bands from all over Europe. ETv is in Amharic, and I have one of the rock bands I discovered there on my mp3 player. M2 from Morocco has music shows.

Other favorites? VMe has music interview shows with popular artists from the Spanish speaking world. One of the Arabic channels had a movie with Spanish subtitles on one night last week, but now I can't recall which channel. But if I find it, it will be added to my favorites.

In English I'm now mainly a PBS fan. That and University of Washington TV. I prefer the UW medical shows over most things medical on commercial television. Some of the surgical techniques and issues they discuss are very interesting, I feel like a fly on the wall, listening in.

Last edited:
I can honestly say I have yet to use any favorite feature function on any STB yet!

I might do this with the bedroom box since my wife does like to watch certain things just on GloryStar. Might be a thing to consider! :up
No favorite list here either.
And I can relate to the wife thing. She had me move the SkyAngel IPTV box upstairs to her computer room before tax season started - I do income taxes in our living room - so I've had the main TV for FTA since January!

No favorite list here either.
And I can relate to the wife thing. She had me move the SkyAngel IPTV box upstairs to her computer room before tax season started - I do income taxes in our living room - so I've had the main TV for FTA since January!

Yea, I was disappointed to see SkyAngel leave satellite! I still have my 300 dish pointed there! Never needed to use it for anything else since they left! One day I might re-point it to Nasa for FTA use!

watermark.php

I need to look at The SkyAngel IPTV Forum sometime and see what has changed on the service from going to IPTV since we had it to the end on satellite. There was a lot about I liked about SkyAngel when we had it but my wife enjoys the GloryStar just the same. I had to dedicate a FTA system just for GloryStar for her for she was tired of my viewing habits and "Blind Scanning" necessity’s I had. :rolleyes:

I have a Fortec Star Dynamic also for her to watch on the bedroom flat panel TV. I will have to look into that for her! Will have to get the manual out to see how to do that, wonder how many FAV Channels can be stored into the Dynamic? Future Reading of the Users Manual is required!

When you got your Wife interested in FTA, you have accomplished a lot! She really enjoys GloryStar, I find myself watching Pastor Melissa Scott on Galaxy 19 sometimes and get a kick out of Dr. Gene Scott!

Great post TimLones111! I will have to at least set up a favorite list for the wife!

:)

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts