What's the best route to getting Dish To send me another HD Dual Tuner Box? (722/622)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Family is getting an HDTV for another room. Currently already have a 622 and two 322's.

We'd be keeping one of the 322's in a guest room, keeping the 622 in their room, and adding either a 622 or a 722 in the family room.

Any ideas? - I want to do it as cheap as possible (already shelled out a bit for the tv)

Thanks for any and all help, I appreciate it.

yes they'd all be leased.

I guess I could get rid of the 322 and run it off the 622, however that's sort of annoying, I have a pre-paid tivo on the 322.

Why can't I have five tuners?

I know someone with direct tv that has like 2 dual tuners and 4 single tuners.

Last edited:
They "allowed" me to lease a 722 shortly after I'd leased a 622 but then I'd just gone through a nightmare experience on the 1st upgrade and had never taken advantage of any upgrade in the 10 years I'd been with 'em. My 1st attempt to do this failed, gotta Indian CSR that was barely litterate in English and just stuck to her script even when I asked for a supervisor. A week later I tried again, asked to speak to a supervisor. Got lucky and got to speak to an American (remember them?) that was very pleasant & immediately ageed to send me the 722. Try CSR roulette like I did or send a courteous email to ceo@echostar.com . Good luck!

Ed

BTW, If you do get lucky ask to forego the rebate and get the $100 credit upfront. It's been 4 months & I'm still waiting for $200 in rebates.:mad: I've since seen posts where others were able to do this.

Are all your receivers leased? If so, DISH will only allow a total of 4 leased receivers. 622/722 counts as 2 receivers.

That's not really true, it is a pretty soft rule. The best bet is to email the exec office at ceo@echostar.com and ask. They will allow more than 4 leased tuners. I have two 622s and a 625, all leased. I just added one of the 622s in August and actually have a 722 coming to replace the 625. Is it being shipped to me, no installer required.

PS..

Just re-read the post above, also got the credit upfront as I'm still waiting for the credit from the last upgrade.

Last edited:
Ok so I called them up just to check.

She told me I could get a second vip622hd for 149-99. Free install. +6 dollars a month

Or a 722HD for 199-99, Free Install. + 6 dollars a month

She said I'm only allowed 4 HD tuners. So I can keep one of the 301's.

This will work.

Now the question is.......do you think the 722 is worth the extra 50 bucks?

I'm sorta not understanding if I'm paying 6 bucks extra a month, why am I paying for the box? Is it like a "lease LEASE fee" I pay an upfront lease fee + a monthly lease fee?

Hmmmmmm

Ok so I called them up just to check.

She told me I could get a second vip622hd for 149-99. Free install. +6 dollars a month

Or a 722HD for 199-99, Free Install. + 6 dollars a month

She said I'm only allowed 4 HD tuners. So I can keep one of the 301's.

This will work.

Now the question is.......do you think the 722 is worth the extra 50 bucks?

I'm sorta not understanding if I'm paying 6 bucks extra a month, why am I paying for the box? Is it like a "lease LEASE fee" I pay an upfront lease fee + a monthly lease fee?

Hmmmmmm

It's no different than the lease fees you are already paying.

right..but isn't an upfront fee sorta lame? :)

Do you think I need to contact CEO for anything?

And what is your opinion, 622 or 722. Is it true the 722 does 50 hours of HD

right..but isn't an upfront fee sorta lame? :)

Do you think I need to contact CEO for anything?

And what is your opinion, 622 or 722. Is it true the 722 does 50 hours of HD

The 722 is a 622 on steroids. I have both and love the extra storage on the 722 out of the box. Also like the black better than the silver. And no HDMI issues. And yes 50 hrs. of HD.

"I'm sorta not understanding if I'm paying 6 bucks extra a month, why am I paying for the box? Is it like a "lease LEASE fee" I pay an upfront lease fee + a monthly lease fee?"

The basic premise of any business is to be profitable. If they are not, they will be out of business and you will have NOTHING to watch! The only other choices you will have is cable or Direct TV.

I've been with Dish Network for over 10 years and very satisfied with what they have to offer, and the prices they are asking. Obviously everyone would love to get free service, but the reality is that everything in business has a cost associated with it.

I do have an issue about (reluctantly) paying the $6 HD Access Fee because I have not subscribed to the HD premium service. I do receive the local stations in HD though.

It's like being at the grocery checkout and the clerk ring up your items and then says "you didn't buy any bread today, so there's a $2 service fee, you also didn't buy any milk today, so that's an additional $1 service fee" etc.

The 722 is a 622 on steroids. I have both and love the extra storage on the 722 out of the box. Also like the black better than the silver. And no HDMI issues. And yes 50 hrs. of HD.

Very well said! The 722 has an upgraded chip inside too. The newer chip allows for HD DishOnline content whereas the 622 doesn't. I've noticed better picture quality on the 722 too but that may just be my imagination. :)

The $6 fee is just the normal lease fee for an hd receiver you pay $6 instead of $5 that you pay for an additional sd receiver. You will actually also pay $5.98 for the 622 or 722 as there will be an additional dvr fee unless you have the americas everything package. To get more quality and hd you pay more and for additional dvr receivers you pay more as it is pretty much like in any business the more you get the more that you pay. :rolleyes:

So I called up tonight because my tv just shipped (wasn't sure if it was going to or not) to add the 722 and they say it cant be done........Hopefully eric at the ceo address will help me out!

Thanks for all your advice guys and girls.

no response from CEO at all today.....hmm, here's hoping for tomorrow I guess.

havent heard back from ceo all day.......i guess some topics get ignored, while others get answers...or everyone is taking off early today!

havent heard back from CEO all day.......i guess some topics get ignored, while others get answers...or everyone is taking off early today!

No, they are there. I had sent correspondence yesterday and got a reply this morning. I was trying to save myself $50.00 after I just upgraded to a 722 at $199.00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)