What's the best way to set the Hopper to record a season of football games?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MrsJerseyJets

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
In our past Dish DVRs, (the 722 and 622 I believe), I had to put in about 4-5 different timers set to record the games on each different channel it may possibly play on. Is there an easier way to record a season of games or do I have to go through a do each possible channel again? What's the best way to make sure we don't miss a recording?

Thanks in advance! Just got our Hoppers installed 2 weeks ago and loving them so far!

You can set a "seek and record" timer. Just press the search button and then enter search words and when you find what you are looking for press the green button which you will see is labeled "seek and record".

Football games tend to run over. You may be in for an unpleasant surprise if you record them without being there to extend recordings if necessary.

Football games tend to run over. You may be in for an unpleasant surprise if you record them without being there to extend recordings if necessary.

So far, my hopper has added 60 min to each sports recording by default. I don't know about the search term timers (seek and record), though.

Be careful with seek and record though. Those timers tend to record everything with the keywords and can fill up the DVR pretty fast. If you were to seek and record "NFL" you would get everything with NFL in the title, or description.

I don't have a Hopper, but this suggestion should work similarly:

I use two Dish Pass timers, one with "steelers at" (for away games), and "at steelers" as a title search. Works well no matter what channel is showing the game.

I don't have a Hopper, but this suggestion should work similarly:

I use two Dish Pass timers, one with "steelers at" (for away games), and "at steelers" as a title search. Works well no matter what channel is showing the game.

Yep that should work however it's called "Seek & Record" on Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)