What's the Deal with PocketDish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jack Hatfield

Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
:confused: Two Models of PocketDish are Sold Out at Dish Network and Dish is mum about when or if replacements will be available. They simply refer one to their retailers (which in this area, are very small "out in the sticks" businesses). What's going on – are they:

• So wildly popular that Dish cannot keep in stock?
• So unreliable in the field that dish no longer wants to warranty/maintain?
• Discontinuing the present models to bring out new models?
• Ordered from Archos, but on back-order?

Will Dish continue to offer the PocketDish online or keep referring one to their "retailers", who essentially have none?

I would like to purchase one, but need more information before I "take the leap!" I wish Dish would communicate better:(
Jack

They are probably going to start a new second generation of Dishpocket receivers that can do hd and they want to sell out all older ones before they start the new ones.

I refuse to stock them on the Dishstore!

#1 Too many issues with Warranty Repairs and getting replacement product back from Archos in a Timly fashon.

#2 I am not going to be in a position where I sell the old models and then the following week they release the new models and then all the people who bought the old models in the past few weeks are going to want to return it and get their money back. Meanwhile im stuck with several old used Pocket Dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts