Whats The definition of "Blind Scan" on a motorized system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcwho

Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Does Blind Scan mean it looks for all channels on one satellite?

or

Will it scan the arc and find all satellites?

I want to know if there is a system that will find and register satellites with the reciever. DO I have to go thru each recievers manual, or is this not possable.

I am in Baghdad on a base, I get Turksat but the recievers avail haere are junk, and I want to find more sats to find more english channels, I get 2 with tirksat 1C.

The Fortec Mercury II allows you to select all the satellites that you want it to scan. I really like this feature as I can select all the satellites, hit scan and go off and do whatever elses needs to be done. When I come back, all the birds are scanned :)

most receivers come preloaded with default transponders for most satellites (depending on your location in the world.)

but if the receiver is a few years old.... guess what that information is probably outdated
sometimes even the satellite names have even change.

these preloaded transponders usually can be used to scan called on most receivers AUTO scan meaning it scans the list of pre loaded transponders.

other newer receivers have a "Blind" scan option... this usually scans for all ( or however it setup on the unit) meaning it gets the wild feeds and all the regular feeds. there are several receivers out that allow you to scan several satellites for transponders but you have to already set the satellites up in the setup menu.

The Mercury II will do what your asking about. However, European and Middle Eastern satellites have to be pre-loaded into it before performing the scan.

Mercury II

Is there a 220v model of the Mercury II ? or something similar by Fortec that you would recommend ? We don't like to use 110 v appliances here cause its hot enough, and we already have heat problems because of where we are.

Thanks for the info!

I see you have posted a number of threads and seem to be floundering a bit.
Let me make a couple of points.

USALS on a motorized system will still need to be mechanically aligned before it can "find" all the satellites viewable from your location.

Since you are at about 44ºE, here is a Lyngsat page with the local birds listed for you.
You'll have to see where they aim their signals (under column marked "beam") using the maps.

And of course, info from someone who's been there will be the best.
So check back for a post from GoalieBob.

Baghdad
Latitude: 33.33861
Longitude: 44.39389

Latitude (DMS): 33° 20' 19 N
Longitude (DMS): 44° 23' 38 E

Yes, I know about lyngsat, if two sats are close to each other, how do i know which one i ma pointing ? my eqpt here is poor, but i do have a motor, i can move the dish, but other than Turksat 1C and Nilesat, I don't know what sat I am getting a signal form.! With all the interference, its a wild guess !

One way to figure out what bird you're hitting is to scan the satellite and compare the channel results with Lyngsat. That will usually tell you what you're hitting, and in what direction you need to move to find the bird you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)