What's the difference in UHF Pro 6.0 and 8.0?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
They both seem to do the same thing so I am trying to figure out the difference between DishPro UHF 6.0 and DishPro UHF 8.0. I think the 6.0 remote comes with the 522 and the 8.0 comes with the 811 if I am not mistaken. Also why did they go from 5.0 to 6.0 on the UHF PRO remotes? Whats the difference in these?

Stargazer said:
They both seem to do the same thing so I am trying to figure out the difference between DishPro UHF 6.0 and DishPro UHF 8.0. I think the 6.0 remote comes with the 522 and the 8.0 comes with the 811 if I am not mistaken. Also why did they go from 5.0 to 6.0 on the UHF PRO remotes? Whats the difference in these?

The DishPRO UHF 6.0 is specifcally for the 522 DVR, with DVR buttons as well as the Green and Blue Keys, where the Dish Pro UHF 8.0 does NOT have the DVR buttons or the Green or Bue Keys and is specifically for the 811.

John

JohnL said:
The DishPRO UHF 6.0 is specifcally for the 522 DVR, with DVR buttons as well as the Green and Blue Keys, where the Dish Pro UHF 8.0 does NOT have the DVR buttons or the Green or Bue Keys and is specifically for the 811.

John

This must have recently changed. Both Dish PRO UHF 8.0 remotes that came with my two 811's in January have all the same DVR buttons/colors as my 522's IR/UHF PRO 6.0. The only external diferrence I see is that the 8.0 has a silver key tab at the bottom instead of the green TV1 or blue TV2 key tabs.

And, the remote control that came with my 921 (DVR) is a UHF PRO 8.0. It too has the silver tab. Also, the blue and green tabs on my 522's remotes have the markings etched into them whereas the silver tab on the 921 remote is flat with the markings printed on it. That turns out to be quite useful when I'm watching TV with the lights off and reach into my pile of remotes. :)

So the UHF remotes only send out UHF commands or IR commands but not both commands at the same time? Do they do this to save battery life? The legacy UHF remotes send out both IR and UHF commands at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)