What's the Difference Non and Enhanced?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeMoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Ada, MI
Hi

I was checking out the Dish'n it up, thing in an effort to get a 722 receiver (instead of my constantly failing 622s) and I see a choice of High Definition DuoDVR and Enhanced High Definition Duo DVR Receiver.

The first costs $50 and the other costs $75, but when I click on the link they both take me to the page that describes the various receiver choices. I don't see any difference in the options.

What's the deal?

Also I see that the 922 is coming soon, any idea when that will be, maybe I should wait for that to show up?

Mike

$50 is the 622, $75 is the 722...same as 622 but with larger HD and different color.

Go with a ViP722 or ViP722K. The K is reputed to be somewhat better. It has an optional module for two OTA tuners, and other enhancements that bring it closer to the ViP922. The ViP722 has one built in OTA tuner.

The ViP922 is reputed to be out in February. Maybe. You don't want to be an early adopter on this one. It will likely become a great receiver, but maybe not right out of the starting gate. Let others report on it first, and give them time to finish "field testing" and getting it right.

If you don't need the TV2 functionality, you could also go with a 612, which would be even cheaper. I have a 622 and a 612.

I think most folks seem to be less happy with the ViP612 than the other ViP models.

How's that for putting it delicately?

I think most folks seem to be less happy with the ViP612 than the other ViP models.

How's that for putting it delicately?

Just how bad is the VIP612 supposed to be? Does it warrant the extra monthly cost of a VIP622/722?

Just how bad is the VIP612 supposed to be? Does it warrant the extra monthly cost of a VIP622/722?
I have experienced abiout the same trouble as I have with my 722. Mostly this is one box or the other locking up and requiring a power cycle. I have a 2nd 612 in my daughter's room, and she has reported having no trouble whatsoever with that one. I suspect it is lightly used. (Her disk is full, though.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)