What's the latest on 922 release?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
Do many of you folks have confidence that we will see it before the Christmas holidays? My 622 went squirrely again Sunday and it took two "pull the plug" re-sets to get it back to semi-sane behavior. It may not last much longer and I want to use my "every year or so upgrade reward" for a 922 not a 722.

And what about that 13" screen HD portable wifi 922 accessory... possibly before Christmas 10?

America wants to know.

I got to be honest, I don't think it will make it out this year.

This receiver is too important to them to just rush it out the door.

The testing that they are doing is tough in hoping to make for a rock solid product upon release.

I applaud Dish and the Echostar team for their hard work on this unit and for not just throwing it out there before its ready.

I suppose I'm glad about that but I sure wish Santa could put it under my tree!!

To quote 3D Realms the makers of Duke Nukem Forever, "When it's done." Anyway, it would be nice to see this gemstone hit the streets in time for Christmas. And it would be even nicer to find a "cable ready" version for my FiOS TV around the same time. :)

I got to be honest, I don't think it will make it out this year.

This receiver is too important to them to just rush it out the door.

The testing that they are doing is tough in hoping to make for a rock solid product upon release.

I applaud Dish and the Echostar team for their hard work on this unit and for not just throwing it out there before its ready.

<<cough>> 622 <<cough>>

Is the 922 still only going to work with the touchpad remote, or is there going to be an IR remote with number buttons? I've got Harmony remotes in all my TV rooms, and I just don't know if I'm prepared to go back to using a separate remote to control a DVR. I might be, but I'd really have to think long and hard on that decision. The 922 looks so cool, but the remote thing is big.

Is the 922 still only going to work with the touchpad remote, or is there going to be an IR remote with number buttons? I've got Harmony remotes in all my TV rooms, and I just don't know if I'm prepared to go back to using a separate remote to control a DVR. I might be, but I'd really have to think long and hard on that decision. The 922 looks so cool, but the remote thing is big.

I don't really think the remote is that big, but it will work with most universal remotes like the Harmony the only thing is you won't be able to use the neat touch pad and scroll features.

I wonder how much of the delay is due to TiVo patent issues. If I were Dish I would be very careful that this receiver did not have any possible code that could infringe in case things go South with TiVo. It sure would be nice if Dish had something ready to roll out in case of emergency.

Agreed. Not optimistic about 922 available this year, but 1st quarter 2010. Of course, I'm certain Dish is trying like the devil to make it available for the Christmas buying season. I prefer late and solid to rushed and buggy. In my case I don't think I can afford the upgrade until 1st quarter 2010, anyway.

I don't really think the remote is that big, but it will work with most universal remotes like the Harmony the only thing is you won't be able to use the neat touch pad and scroll features.
I actually meant that which remotes (like Harmonys) we'll be able to use, and how they'll function with the 922 is big (important), rather than than implying that the included 922 remotes are physically 'big'. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)