What's the NEW deal with IAL 1080p...no more HDTV test?

Laserich

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Stationary Orbit
So I finally see I Am Legend (1080p) in the guide today. As I've read on here, I click on it expecting to be prompted for the equipment test that checks if my set is capable of 1080p but that's not what happens. I immediately got prompted to purchase the VOD event, and that was the end of it. No test.

Is this something new?

Kind of pizzed me off that I ended up purchasing it when I wasn't really ready to watch it.

There was supposed to be 1080p fixes in L613, they maybe did away with the 1080p test and run it straight through now. Maybe the test isn't needed anymore.

So I finally see I Am Legend (1080p) in the guide today. As I've read on here, I click on it expecting to be prompted for the equipment test that checks if my set is capable of 1080p but that's not what happens. I immediately got prompted to purchase the VOD event, and that was the end of it. No test.

Is this something new?

Kind of pizzed me off that I ended up purchasing it when I wasn't really ready to watch it.
And who knows how many other hundred thousand subs that weren't intending to actually rent it then (or ever) but just wanted to see if their tv passed the test ended up giving Dish a little $$ windfall? Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

And who knows how many other hundred thousand subs that weren't intending to actually rent it then (or ever) but just wanted to see if their tv passed the test ended up giving Dish a little $$ windfall? Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

That's cool with me, at least THEY got something! I don't have ANY VOD at all!

Before you confirm the purchase, use your TV's info button to see if you're receiving 1080p. The purchase confirmation screen should be in 1080p.

Well today is the 31st... Geezum crow where did the summer go.. and I see my IAL(which I got the day I got 6.12) is now gone too. I was expecting that since the special went to the 30th. Whats next for 1080p or will there be a temporary pause til they figure out just what went wrong? I just hope Dish just didn't declare victory. :rolleyes:

Sux to be DISH.

All I know is that with each passing day toward my commitment expiration next year, I'm that much more persuaded to churn to Directv. Sure, Dish has some growing pains right now that we all feel, but I had eight years of Directv and never experienced the level of ineptitude, aggravation, and dissatisfaction I've had with 10 months of DISH.

Wow, I'll bet this won't be used as a DISH testimonial.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)