Whats The "real" scoop on FOXHD and DISH Turbo Packages

?? huh?? What? Then why have the link option? Besides,.. I think ECHO has pretty good spam filters.

The link option is for web addresses not email addressess.

Because of the constant pounding from spammers who are coming up with new methods to get around the spam filters, the filters are accidentally removing more and more real messages.

You can note this is threads here where someone says "I emailed the ceo address but they never replied". This is because the message is in the spam filter.

If one spammer is located at the same ISP as you, your messages may end up in spam filters.

But as I was told about 30 minutes ago on the phone, the new fox HD channels have configuration issues which they are still trying to fix. I am told again that the Turbo Gold Package should get both HD's while the bronze only gets the Fox News HD channel.

Scott - please ask your contact about the HD Add-on packages ("Essential" and "Ultimate") for Dish Latino Max. Will either new Fox HD channel end up in those ?

?? huh?? What? Then why have the link option? Besides,.. I think ECHO has pretty good spam filters.

Unfortunately, the internet has been co-opted by criminals and scammers. Just because we have the link function doesn't mean you should use it at the expense of others.

Good filters mean nothing when you are getting hammered by so much mail that none can get through because the server has to bounce messages due to a lack of resources.

If you are able to block 90% of spam, which is quite good these days, and you are hit by 250,000 spam messages a day, 25,000 are still getting through.

Unfortunately, nobody cares about anyone but themselves these days so our little benefit of being able to email the CEO office will be abused until it goes away and then people who caused it to go away will be the ones screaming that it is gone.

Scott - please ask your contact about the HD Add-on packages ("Essential" and "Ultimate") for Dish Latino Max. Will either new Fox HD channel end up in those ?
I asked that yesterday and they didn't have an answer. I think this entire Fox thing was a surprise to them as well.

I asked that yesterday and they didn't have an answer. I think this entire Fox thing was a surprise to them as well.

My guess would be no since Fox News is not included in any of the Dish Latino packages not even in Dish Latino Max. But that may have changed since Fox News is now available in the AT100 or Bronze 100 now. Thanks for asking kstuart.

The more threads, the less likely that everyone reads any particular thread.

So, if there was only one thread, it would be more likely that some answer would become known.

There no longer seem to be any moderators merging threads at this site any more. :confused:

I agree that one thread on the FoxHD issues would be great. It's tough keeping up with 3-4 different threads on the same issue. I definitely won't complain if more than one thread continues, but I think it would be more efficient for everyone if it was all in one place. And some sort of uniform communications process to go after E* to get some answers on this would be great too! I'll leave that to the pros!

I have only been slighly monitoring this situation since I refuse to pay 30 bucks for Fox and my RSN for the moment in my Absolute package.

With that said I think I recall someone mentioning in one of what seems like hundreds of threads on the topic something that the smart cards MAY have something to do with it?

Sorry if it's already been answered. Was just curious if that had any legs..

But as I was told about 30 minutes ago on the phone, the new fox HD channels have configuration issues which they are still trying to fix. I am told again that the Turbo Gold Package should get both HD's while the bronze only gets the Fox News HD channel.

I have 90% confidence that is true, but I wish they would stop lying to the CSRs so they can lie to us.

Maybe a hint as to what is really going on

Alright, below is my complete email to the CEO address about the Fox/Turbo HD issue. Then read the response from the rep. The last line could be telling as to what is really going on here. I'll highlight it so you don't miss it.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 4:11 PM
To: CEO
Subject: Turbo HD

Hi, I am a current Dish subscriber who was interested in switching to a Turbo HD package. The only thing I was waiting for was FoxNews HD to come online. Now that its being carried, it's not available in the Turbo packages, even when it was in the Turbo lineup earlier this week. What is going on here? Is this a technical issue or will this channel not be offered in Turbo anytime in the near future? I can tell you as one who participates often in a Dish Network online forum that people are quite angry and confused regarding this issue. I think most of us would just like some sort of communication from your company on this issue. As a matter of fact, the lack of communication and misinformation provided to the customers has been astounding. Can you please provide some definitive information please? Thank you for your time.

Ryan Carlson
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

Dear Ryan Carlson,

Thank you for email about your TurboHD programming. At this time Fox News HD (or Fox Business News HD) is only available in our Classic packages. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future. Unfortunately we do not have a definitive answer for you.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support while DISH Network continues to work through these difficult but important negotiations.

Sincerely,

Emmanuel Becerra
Executive Communications Team
Dish Network Corporation
Emmanuel.Becerra@DishNetwork.com

NEGOTIATIONS is the key word that stands out to me. The rest of the email was much like anything else others have received as a response. But it seems to me that deals between Dish and the Fox Networks still aren't totally harmonius.

This is what I got from an Embarq rep who took the time to verify with the Dish Executive team:

"Thank you for email. At this time Fox News HD (or Fox Business News HD) is only available in our Classic packages. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future.

We realize that in today’s competitive world our customers have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued support and assisting our customers while DISH Network continues to work through these difficult but important negotiations."

So at least this "team" is all on the same page.

While I am a member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy, I don't watch much Fox News; TV news of all sorts is sensationalist and shallow because of the timeframes and competitive nature of the medium.

Still, it's kind of ironic that we were treated to three weeks of the Obama channel last year, but the rollout of FNC is a pooch ----- while "Crime and Investigation" channel goes smoothly.

:cue Scully and Mulder in the abandoned warehouse: :p

National / Cable News is garbage these days.

Over 40 people died in the East Coast Ice Storm and millions without power but not one word about on the 24/7 news channels.

If it isn't political, it's not news.

That kind of stuff is left for local and regional news. People in Utah don't care about East Coast Ice Storms

WRONG, it's only broadcast if someone is in office you want to blast for not handling the disaster properly. Apparently 42 dead is ok now.

A tornado in Kansas is National news for days if you want to hammer your political foe in the news.

This is why National / Cable News is cr@p. It is only broadcast if it's politically useful.

Back to the original theme,

The only time you will ever get a REAL scoop is when it actually happens!

Until then, not even Dish employees and execs know what is going on!

And probably adding to the confusion, some folks will be seeing it red in the guide when they CAN get it. I've been getting both of 'em on the 722 all week. But guide was red on the 622. Finally had time to call DN - they did a hit on the 622 & now it is also getting them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts