What's the reason for two "Info" screens?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
Why does Dish have two "Info" screens? This is very annoying to me, plus it's a waste of battery power. Can you imagine the millions and millions of batteries that have to be replaced prematurely because of this?

I don't know why, but I don't really care. Why does it annoy you, and how does it wear out so many batteries?

I don't know why, but I don't really care. Why does it annoy you, and how does it wear out so many batteries?

Why? Maybe since I am a seasoned citizen and do not want to waste what time I have left on this planet pushing the button three times to find out about a show. Also, every time you push a button on the remote it sends out rays that my be causing brain cancer and may interfere with birds' navigation systems. That is why I wear an aluminum foil hat whenever I have the TV on.

As for the batteries, I have 4 remotes with 4 batteries each. Multiply that by the number of Dish customers (11,000,000?) and you a lot of batteries that need to be replaced and that add to landfill waste. Did you know Americans throw away 86,000,000 pounds of food a day? :D

If pressing the info button 3 times really bothers you, then just press the Cancel button after pressing info. BTW, that one extra press of the info button does not draw enough power to significantly alter the battery life.

I think I read that Dish Network has over 14 million customers. (I presume that really means "accounts", since there could be many people using several receivers on each account.) The number of customers who wear tin foil hats is not reported. ;)

Why? Maybe since I am a seasoned citizen and do not want to waste what time I have left on this planet pushing the button three times to find out about a show. Also, every time you push a button on the remote it sends out rays that my be causing brain cancer and may interfere with birds' navigation systems. That is why I wear an aluminum foil hat whenever I have the TV on.

As for the batteries, I have 4 remotes with 4 batteries each. Multiply that by the number of Dish customers (11,000,000?) and you a lot of batteries that need to be replaced and that add to landfill waste. Did you know Americans throw away 86,000,000 pounds of food a day? :D

24hysterical.gif

That was awesome. I needed that.

I think I read that Dish Network has over 14 million customers. (I presume that really means "accounts", since there could be many people using several receivers on each account.) The number of customers who wear tin foil hats is not reported. ;)

Correct about the "accounts" that they refer to as "subscribers." Now, Dish has used the number around 34 million when referring to "viewers." That most likely is the estimated number of people using the service in households receiving Dish. I don't know the number of boxes they have out there.

Other than the relative "opaqueness" of the two screens, there is one thing that the second (opaque) screen shows that the first doesn't: Which satellite you are receiving while you're watching live TV.

Other than the relative "opaqueness" of the two screens, there is one thing that the second (opaque) screen shows that the first doesn't: Which satellite you are receiving while you're watching live TV.

You are right viggen61. :) Here we are almost 20 posts into this forum and you just stated the real difference...the satellite you are tuned to is identified, but my question is...why does it not show the satellite id on the first screen?:eek: Or even better, why is the sat id not shown on the top info bar when the view tv button or channel button is pressed???:confused: Could someone please answer these last 2 questions while I go out and buy some more batteries.....;)

You are right viggen61. :) Here we are almost 20 posts into this forum and you just stated the real difference...the satellite you are tuned to is identified, but my question is...why does it not show the satellite id on the first screen?:eek: Or even better, why is the sat id not shown on the top info bar when the view tv button or channel button is pressed???:confused: Could someone please answer these last 2 questions while I go out and buy some more batteries.....;)

It's the way Dish programmed it....:):):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)