What's this in the 622 menu??

Cegarrett

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Shreveport, LA
I just got my free upgrade to a VIP622 yesterday and have been poking around in the menus I still can't find what I was looking for but found something interesting.

in running L405 software

from the main menu
8 (preferences)
6 (record plus)
ERD Setup (on the side)
this brings up selection box to (En/Dis)able recording to an external device

is this something new? is this usb external storage?

now for the other things I can't find.
where do i tell the box to record HD when available?

thanks in advance,
cegarrett

I just got my free upgrade to a VIP622 yesterday and have been poking around in the menus I still can't find what I was looking for but found something interesting.

in running L405 software

from the main menu
8 (preferences)
6 (record plus)
ERD Setup (on the side)
this brings up selection box to (En/Dis)able recording to an external device

now for the other things I can't find.

thanks in advance,
cegarrett

This is for Pocketdish.

It's been there since at least L3.63 or the previous release. My 622 shipped with that version or the previous and it was there back then.
Think in Dish's logic ..... Go to the menu where you add your local OTA digital channels. I can't recall the button label but it's on that screen.

Fellas,

I thought this feature was for the connection for a VCR as well. I messed with it for a bit and after enabling an external recording device, I could select a VCR when creating a timer.

Miner

I believe that is why there are 3 IR "eyes" on the from of the 622. One of them is a high output IR emitter that can control a VCR, turn it on and start recording by bouncing IR all over the room.

nope.. I think it's for recording to the hd.. I've tried it before.. if you go to schedule you'll see an option for recording to an EXT or somethign like that.. then look at your recording list.. and it usually says something about not being able to record to the external drive because it's not enabled yet or something.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)