Whats up with E?

Customgamer1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
I always see you guys using it?? Why does everyone call Dish network E? Sorry for a dumb question but I really don't know? As far as I can figure out it makes no connection? Same with Direct TV I think you call that something also?

To Further Clarify and eliminate the confusion, now with echostar, the E* does stand for echostar which is the parent company of DISH. you can't have two D*'s so that is how it evolved to tell one from the other. Correct me guys if I am wrong. (and I know you will)

And customgamer1.... welcome to the forum. No question is too dumb. I was in the class of "dumb and dumber" myself before find this little piece of gold info.

Last edited:
LOL well then now I understand. It was just driving me nuts becasue I knew you were talking about dish I just did not understand why everyone was putting E instead of Dish! Thanks for the help.

Also this site is very cool. Tons of good updates and learned all about the new HD boxes and learning more about the HD programming and the crappy HD lite.... :) :)

When it all started the different satellite companies were:
Alphastar = A*
Echostar = E*
Primestar = P*
and
DirecTV (to use the same format became) D*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)