What's up with HD fees?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

viggen61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
I originally subscribed in September 2006, with a 211. I upgraded to the 622 3 months later. I have a single VIP622, and my bill is like this:

GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
Service Plan (15/0) 6.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
DVR Service 6.00
Total: $ 94.99

So I keep reading here that there should only be one HD charge on my bill. I thought I read on the Dish website that that was true only with a certain package or other (the programming part of the site seems to be down at the moment).

So, should I be calling, or is there some other criteria I need to meet?

Remove both HD packages, click save.

Then refresh the page and you will see that you can get both packages for $10. Click the box and click save...

your now saving $10 a month. :)

I tried Scott's suggestion. When I go to my programming, there is nothing showing under HD channels. I do have HD, and pay for Gold and Platinum at $10/month each.

Any idea why nothing shows under HD?

I'll probably just have to call in, as there are also several HD channels that show as "subscription channels" even though I have AEP.

CB

Just go into a chat and get them to add it into your HD charge. It's very simple.
It's never simple. I just spent 10 minutes trying to explain myself while the chat representative insisted that my bill was correct, until finally he replied "Alright. I will go ahead and change it for you." It felt almost like he was trying to trick me into continuing to pay the extra $10 a month.

I tried Scott's suggestion. When I go to my programming, there is nothing showing under HD channels. I do have HD, and pay for Gold and Platinum at $10/month each.

Any idea why nothing shows under HD?

I'll probably just have to call in, as there are also several HD channels that show as "subscription channels" even though I have AEP.

CB

Dish's website is buggy. If you don't see an entry under the HD section, toggle your regular programming package. Like select 200 then 250 channels or whatever. You should then see the HD programming selection show up: 'HD & Platinum'.

It's never simple. I just spent 10 minutes trying to explain myself while the chat representative insisted that my bill was correct, until finally he replied "Alright. I will go ahead and change it for you." It felt almost like he was trying to trick me into continuing to pay the extra $10 a month.
Yeah, don't use the CSRs. Do it online yourself. :)

I don't understand part of my bill. I leased a 222 receiver last month and accepted the 3 month free HBO Showtime. The credit is listed as $-22. So what is the 3 premium package $31.00? See partial bill pasted below. Thought I would look for an answer here berfore calling DN customer (dis) service:

3 Premium Package 31.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
Solo Receiver 7.00
Solo Receiver 7.00
TV2 Connection 5.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
$ 128.98​
Other Charges and Credits​
Feb 11 Loyalty Offer 2 of 12 - Adjustment -10.00
Jan 02 ClubDISH Cr 2 of 10 - Adjustment -5.00
Feb 11 HBO/Showtime 3 of 3 - Adjustment -22.00​

that's how they bill it they add the charge then give you a 22 dollar credit, free hbo and showtime. they don't give it to you then credit your acct 22 dollars. they charge it then take it off

I subscribe to HD Gold, Top 250. I had previously asked to have t he Platium HD added seeing they do it for new subs, I was told about a week ago it would be an additional $10 a month. I did an online chat today to see if I could get Platinum added and low and behold, they added it onto my package for NO additional cost. It does pay to play CSR roulette!!

that's how they bill it they add the charge then give you a 22 dollar credit, free hbo and showtime. they don't give it to you then credit your acct 22 dollars. they charge it then take it off

But they charged $31 and credited $22, so I'm still overcharged $9, and what is the 3 premium package?? HBO and showtime is only 2 packages.:rant:

Remove both HD packages, click save.

Then refresh the page and you will see that you can get both packages for $10. Click the box and click save...

your now saving $10 a month. :)

Ok, Sorry I haven't replied earlier. For the past couple weeks, I haven't been able to change my programming. Every time I tried, I get an error message, saying to try again later.

Today, I can change the programming, BUT, there is no box/boxes to check or uncheck in the "HD Channels" area. The little box has a "-" in it, and clicking it, gets me a "+", but clicking again, gives me the "-" and no other text or boxes to check or uncheck.

I also see that they started charging me full fare on Cinemax. I guess my penny-a-year ran out March 1.

Thought I signed up for the free HBO/Showtime, but it's not reflected online yet. Maybe it takes an hour or so?

Thanks for all the help here!

Ok, Sorry I haven't replied earlier. For the past couple weeks, I haven't been able to change my programming. Every time I tried, I get an error message, saying to try again later.

Today, I can change the programming, BUT, there is no box/boxes to check or uncheck in the "HD Channels" area. The little box has a "-" in it, and clicking it, gets me a "+", but clicking again, gives me the "-" and no other text or boxes to check or uncheck.
Try toggling your main "non-HD package" first. Like from 200 channels to 250 channels, then back to the package you currently subscribe to. After that, look into the 'HD' section to see if it is then populated with the choices.

Try toggling your main "non-HD package" first. Like from 200 channels to 250 channels, then back to the package you currently subscribe to. After that, look into the 'HD' section to see if it is then populated with the choices.

Ok, that worked, but I only see ONE box with "HD + Platinum", and it's checked. So I guess I need to un-check it, save, then re-check it?

Thanks!

Ok. Finally got on the chat tonight. The CSR was able to pull the Cinemax off, change the HD to a single charge, and even got my HBO & SHowtime up. I'd tried to sign up for the free HBO & Showtime for 3 months online, but it wasn't taking, supposedly because a tech is scheduled to come out for my EA install...

Speaking of THAT... I was originally scheduled for 3/12, called earlier this week, and used the automated phone system to reschedule for 3/6. WHen I tried to confirm that with the CSR tonight, they said that the 6th wasn't available, but Sunday the 7th was...

Guess I'm going no place this weekend! (at least between noon & 5 both days...)

Thanks for all the suggestions here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts