Whats up with Panasonic

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
One of my bosses wanted to buy a BR player for his son, so I was trying to find a deal on a 35 or 55, but its like they never existed, especially the 35.

Told him to buy a Sony 350 :(

I think Panny severely underestimated how popular the 35/55 Generation of players was going to be. Focused on the next models thinking the production they had would last with no real plan for "what if we have no player presence on the retail floor"

I notice alot of stores have a scarce number of any blu-ray player (except walmart) on the shelves.

Yeah, its like they shut down production a few months too early. Sucks man, I love my 35 and would recommend it to anyone. Ah well, hopefully they do better with the next run, Ill be curious to see some reviews and specs when they get here.

You can still find a few around at Costcos. This is the second gen. in a row where I haven't been able to fill my demand. SXS.

S~

Crutchfield has pre-orders open for the Panasonic DMP-BD60K (and 80k), but nobody else seems to admit they are coming. Any idea when they start shipping?

I agree. The BD35 has gone away.

I was just in Atlanta and the Frye's there had the 55 in stock. When I asked about the new Panneys the salesman told me that they did not expect any for about 2 months! Guess you will have to look at the Sony -- there are still some of those around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)