What's With the Baseball Blackouts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
First off - a search of this site shows that there have been questions about baseball blackouts on DISH going back at least 5 years. However, I've not run into as many blackouts as has been happening recently.

I'm on Maui and today (5/16/2019) all games on MLBN are "unavailable in this area". As I write this, Chicago vs Cincinnati is "unavailable". Next game is Pittsburgh vs. San Diego - also "unavailable". To be fair, Hawaii is considered to be part of the Southern California regional sports area. However, DISH no longer carries the San Diego RSN.

Both those games are advertised as being carried by the local cable company.

Same for the other day - Yankees vs. Seattle was "unavailable" on BOTH MLBN and ESPN! Again - available on cable.

So - I can understand Major League Baseball blacking out certain geographic areas. But why does it seem DISH is the only carrier being blacked out?

470’s not available here.
The alternates that did show up for other networks are also “unavailable “

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

First off - a search of this site shows that there have been questions about baseball blackouts on DISH going back at least 5 years. However, I've not run into as many blackouts as has been happening recently.

I'm on Maui and today (5/16/2019) all games on MLBN are "unavailable in this area". As I write this, Chicago vs Cincinnati is "unavailable". Next game is Pittsburgh vs. San Diego - also "unavailable". To be fair, Hawaii is considered to be part of the Southern California regional sports area. However, DISH no longer carries the San Diego RSN.

Both those games are advertised as being carried by the local cable company.

Same for the other day - Yankees vs. Seattle was "unavailable" on BOTH MLBN and ESPN! Again - available on cable.

So - I can understand Major League Baseball blacking out certain geographic areas. But why does it seem DISH is the only carrier being blacked out?
I'm in NW Florida and they did broadcast the Reds game but then went into a rain delay. They did pick up when the delay was over and then went to the Pittsburgh game after it was over. Also the MLB Alt. channel is 478.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts