When are the College Bowl contracts up?

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I was thinking about the college bowls for some reason and I remember that ESPN pretty much has possession of all the bowls. My question is when do the bowl contracts up? I think the BCS is up in 2013 but what about some of the other bowls? Some of the lesser bowl games that escape for a moment. If those lesser bowls are up, I wonder if FX or maybe Versus(?) picks up some of those games? You never know, because FX/Versus/CBS Sports Network ( or is it CBS College Sports Network) are going to challenge ESPN in the coming months and years.

I know FOX has the NEW Big Ten Championship Game through 2016. FOX also had the rights to the fiesta, sugar, and orange bowls while ABC had the Rose Bowl rights. Last year all the major bowls became ESPN only and the contract last through the January 2014 bowls.

Last edited:
What I was wondering is about some of the lesser bowl games. The GMAC Bowl, the Motor City (Now Little Ceaser Bowl), etc., thats what Im talking about. I wonder like I said before if FX/Versus etc. might pick up those bowl games.

You know I'll bend on this but I'll take the BCS Title Game as a stand alone game after Jan. 4. I will say when you have the Sugar, Orange, Rose and then the GMAC Bowl, something is wrong there.
Btw, remember when NFL Network had a couple of bowl games for a few years? Also, remember when NBC had the Gator Bowl?

You know I'll bend on this but I'll take the BCS Title Game as a stand alone game after Jan. 4. I will say when you have the Sugar, Orange, Rose and then the GMAC Bowl, something is wrong there.
this year its topped
Orange on 1/4
Cotton on 1/6
BBVA compass bowl on 1/7
GoDaddy bowl on 1/8
then nat'l championship

The Cotton Bowl is Jan. 6? Wow. You see what I mean. BBVA Compass Bowl on the 7th and GoDaddy Bowl on the 8th and then the BCS Title Game. Thats so stupid. If it keeps up they'll be playing the BCS Title Game AFTER the Super Bowl!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts