When can we call and orderthe Hopper?

ammer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I need new service and don't want to order DISH until I can get the hopper, so I'd like to know when dish is allowing pre-orders or whatever.

Right now, March 15th. That may change. Your best bet may be to see a local retailer and ask to be put on his Hopper install list. Then, when they can take orders, he can call you up.

Is there a difference in going through a local retailer? I always assume that there is an extra charge or kick back that Dish will end up charging me over time for.

Can an existing customer use a retailer to qualify for the $99 upgrade or do we have to go through dish?

You should be able to go through any retailer that does upgrades. Not all retailers do upgrades, some only do new installs.

When can we call and order the Hopper?

Well, today, apparently. Sorta. I was at the Home and Garden show in Dulles and asked a retailer (VIA Satellite Inc) when they'd take pre-orders. He mentioned the March 15 date for installs and then said I could go on "the list" right now. Read that however you like. I didn't pursue because a "hot prospect" came up. Not a word in that booth about Hopper. I don't think he was happy about that.

I see no reason why a retailer couldn't start scheduling installs for the 15th right now. As long as the equipment is available.

If you get your "order" into a retailer this week, they will be able to include your equipment needs on their first equipment order--which is scheduled to happen a week before Dish starts taking orders.

If i call up Dish for an upgrade, do they send their own techs out or is it all subcontracted out?

sparc said:
If i call up Dish for an upgrade, do they send their own techs out or is it all subcontracted out?

Usually their own. Sometimes they'll send out a referral to a retailer to take care of it. That hasn't happen in a very long time for us though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)