When can we expect Dish to jump on the 3D bandwagon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I got a new 3D tv, it works great with the one 3DBD movie I have so far.

So, I wonder when Dish will decide to carry 3net, ESPN 3D, and/or any other 3D channels.

They said at Team Summit that they would have linear 3D channels by the end of the year...

Well its almost the end of the year! :)

Directv has kept me onboard with distants, I got my HD's back over a year ago then renewed my "vows" early this year when I upgraded a receiver to a 3D capable dvr... I am juggling space on it now and wish dish would get those 3 channels. n3D which Directv is a partner in is a good 3D channel also. Dish has the better archive system.

This is the one thing that keeps me looking at D* every now & then. Sure wish Dish would come through with some 3D! At least they do now offer a VOD sometimes on the 722/722K.........

Ed

Part of me thinks that Dish waiting for more people to have 3DTVs in their homes but the other part of me feels more people would buy 3DTVs if there were more 3D content readily available to them.

What I fear is them saying the offer 3D, then somehow because of bandwidth we have "3D-Lite" just like when they started offering HD....

I'm guessing that DISH is using some sort of hours/week of new 3D content to assess when to jump into 3D.

I'm betting that the number has to be a whole lot larger than it is now.

ESPN3D fills their schedule with sporting events and we know how popular reruns of sporting events are.

N3D has a relatively small library and if you're looking at 3D as more than a means to impress your friends, I don't see this channel as the answer.

If I bought a new large screen tv, I would buy a 3d tv, but I would not wear those stupid glasses every time I watched TV. 3d glasses on special occasions would be OK, but not all the time. I have a 63in Samsung Plasma now, I hope that it will last many years.

I think the problem is that as sales indicate, most people just do not have any interest in 3D with the current technology, which is basically unchanged since the 1950s.

So far in sales and content, it is.
True, sort of.
I see more and more movies in the 3D format then I did a year ago, kids stuff, action flicks, SciFi and Horror....could Bambi be at a theater near you soon in 3D. The goggles are an issue, once that gets organized.. who knows?
My Samsung came with Monsters v/s Aliens 3D......when properly set up it is entertaining.
Personally I'm investing in 4D........think about it, Debbie does Dallas in 4D......$$$$$$$$ Deep Throat.....? :eek:

They are just too damn expensive. (The 3D Blurays) if they cost the same as regular Bluray I bet more people would be buying them.

I have 2 3DTV's and it is rare I watch 3D on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)