when did s221 come out ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dmigut

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Ok, so I"m watching tv on my hopper here at 1:40 in the morning. Picture goes blank, hopper tries to start up a few times but to no avail. I'm too tired to get up so I just lay in bed and observe. A screen comes up mentioning important updates and the green download bar loads. Then a screen comes up saying programming your memory, do not turn off or unplug. I"m thinking crap, the box is being reset or something. After a bit, hopper starts back up in an agonizing process, whole ordeal took about 15 minutes. First thing I do is check my dvr recordings, whew, all there. Then I checked the software version and it says s221. My living room hopper is still s217. What are we expecting with s221 ?

it launched into the wild tonight.

I can confirm 1 hopper is on s221 with Joey on s271. that's all i can check tonight.

will report on other hopper and joeys later today.

regards,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Got the update. I noticed on the joey that the jump foward/reverse seems to be fixed. Also noticed that when you go to the apps screen or an app itself you get a fancy Walmart logo loading icon now.

Jay

S221 I didn't remember the bluetooth icon on the settings menu. I thought it said bluetooth headphones or something before. It's still not functional.

well fireman17 i don't know what S221 has i checked the support forums and it isn't listed maybe someone from DIRT or Kate the software release notes person can tell me when it happened.

Hmm yeah I will have to check but keep us posted as you get the S221 and post what changes you have seen and if any issues that have been fixed.. :)

I'm not on any beta or test group that I'm aware of, but my install was in the first week of availability.
My original Hopper was like that. Installed on Day Three of the original release in March. Always got the first rollout of each new SW release. Then, swapped out my Hopper for a new one, and now get SW updates approx a week after they first rollout. The sad thing is I probably didn't need to swap the Hopper, and also deal with transferring recordings, and recreating timers, locks, and favorites, as it was probably just SW issues, anyway.

I miss those days of getting SW updates on day one. :(

S221 on one box and S117 on the other.

As far as I know it contains only stability fixes. :)
They really need a way to identify the multiple Hopper accounts so that all Hoppers are updated at the same time.

They are really asking for more trouble by having households with Hoppers with different SW versions trying to work together.

They really need a way to identify the multiple Hopper accounts so that all Hoppers are updated at the same time.

They are really asking for more trouble by having households with Hoppers with different SW versions trying to work together.

It certainly would seem so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)