When Did Sportscenter Jump The Shark?

gah forgot the guys name, but the one that always quotes South Park going TIMMMAYYY annoys me

Roughly 15 years ago.

ESPN news is what ESPN used to be before all the dumb lists and garbage like who's now? and other such mundane nonsense.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with anchors. They day SC died is when they started running the ticker during the show. It used to be that you tuned in to catch scores. Now the scores are always there and there is no suspense to the highlights....if they bother showing any.

Agree with everything everybody has said.

To that I can only add, too much NBA. To talk about any other sport requires at least some actual knowledge. The NBA, being the most simplistic sport in the word, can be talked about endlessly without any actual ability.

It has nothing to do with anchors. They day SC died is when they started running the ticker during the show. It used to be that you tuned in to catch scores. Now the scores are always there and there is no suspense to the highlights....if they bother showing any.

That is sooooo true, I actually watch some of Sportscenter with my finger in front of my face and over the ticker so that I can see the highlight without seeing the score first.

I was watching ESPNnews today and they said in August Sportscenter will be going live from like 6am to 3pm or something like that. Why the hell would they do that, really isnt that what they have the ESPN news channel for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)