When did they start charging a shipping fee?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
mitchflorida said:
Where is the receiver placed? Is it at room temperature or in the attic somewhere?

I am curious.
It is in an entertainment center. The front and back are open and there is pleny of airflow. I was able to check the HDD temperature readings on the old receiver (116 F and 64 F). Trust me, overheating is not an issue.

When I checked mine last night the high temp was 122F and low was 106F the average was 112F mine is on a open sides front and back glass shelving unit its the only thing on the shelf located aprox 3 foot off the floor. My hard drive has not died yet but I have been getting more and more hard drive dignostics operations error 599 almost any time I do a search or change or create more than one timer or dish pass. I have been thinking on investing it a usb powered note book cooler to see it that will help the cooler the hard drive the better I would think. And without putting the unit in the frigerator or opening the unit to add additonal fans or cooling devices that is about the only option.

I got a 599 error last night while flipping through the guide. This is a brand new 522 so it shouldn't be due to the HDD waring out. I'm thinking the new software upgrade may be triggering the HDD Diagnostics more often.

Have you noticed it only runs a few minutes when the 599 error pops up? Not the usual up to 45 minutes when it does the diagnostics on the nightly update.

I can trigger one of the 599 errors almost at will by doing 1 of two things with my 522.

1) Do a search that does not return a result from the history list it will lock up and then the dreaded hard disk diagnostics will start Error 599.

2) Add more than 1 Dish pass Timer to the system with out watching a show or Live TV for a little while usally after I create the 2nd or 3rd Dish Pass when I try to leave the menu it will lock up and then the dreaded Hard Disk diagnostics will start Error 599

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)