When do the PTAT recordings show up on DVR

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
I just got my HWS today and am trying to learn it. I setup PTAT to record everything, I think it recorded Survivor and Law and order:svu. when I go to DVR then PTAT it list no recordings available. Does it have to finish recording all before listing any?

When I first looked at the guide for NBC it just said "NO INFO Available". Then around 4:30pm edt it start showing some program information about 1 and 1/2 hours worth. We like to watch and/or record NBC Nightly News which airs at 6:30pm edt but it was not listed. We waited until a little past 6pm and it was there. I selected it to record the series and only new ones. It looked OK set to priority 1. We watched it because we were not sure if it would really record. Afterwards I checked the DVR and nothing was listed, so I guess it did not record afterall.

Now looking at the schedule there is nothing set to record. I suspect it is because the program guide is not populated. Can you get the guide to populate for the PTAT programs? If you want to record a program that is outside PT, how do you do it?

This all is very confusing to be. Perhaps tomorrow everything will be OK, I have seen it happen before with the 722.

Should be OK tomorrow, PTAT has to be enabled like an hour before it starts to work. Many things don't work correctly on the Hopper till the next day after install.

Never seen one populate enough in 15 minutes for PTAT to work.

I got my HWS installed today and it was about 3 hours later before the broadcast channels showed up populated.

I'll look tomorrow to check and schedule some other things after all has settled down a bit.

They had finished the installation around noon and PTAT was enabled, at 4:30pm the guide started to fill in slowly. This morning it is filled in completely and the NBC Nightly News shows on the schedule for each night.

All evening the guide showed the yellow PT box on the shows that i thought were being recorded, nothing ever show up on DVR, PTAT. It always shows noting available.

I did schedule a couple of shows about 30min before they were to air, they were recorded. However this morning when I went back to DVR they were marked as watched, but I did not watch they.

Is this the way this box is suppose to work? After each move and change of Service Address will we have to wait overnight for the guide for PTAT to fill in?

I would think that the guide would do some refreshing on a move or change of Service Address, don't know if it would take as long though.

My install yesterday didn't show enough of the broadcast channel guide for PTAT to kick in until about 3 hours later as I noted. Then it got it all for the week just fine and the recordings were made for last night with PTAT with no interaction from me. Other channels had showed up before the locals did for whatever reason, but search wouldn't find anything until this morning, possibly late last night it would have too, but I don't stay up past 10PM.

Regarding marked as watched, do you mean 100% watched? That is a bug in the current software that should be corrected eventually. The Hopper takes a full 24 hours or more to settle in, so just wait until tonight before getting more concerned.

KAB thanks for that info, yes it is marked 100% watched. Lets see what happens tonight.

It appears that everything ran without problems last night, so I am good to go for now. The next big test will be when we move more than 200 miles at the beginning of May.

Thanks all for your insights and help.

You mentioned the nightly news. PTAT only records Prime Time from 7-10 PM CST or whatever your PT is. You will have to set a series timer to get 6:30 news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)