When I called Customer service today..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
gutter said:
DISH hasn't learned the basic principals that made DISNEY great. Training your people to handle customers. If they did that...then maybe even their distributers and installers would talk intelligent too.

Dish flys by the seat of their pants and every so often gets something right. It's so frustrating when they fall so far short of their potential because of silly misguided decisions.

paxipam said:
When one of the main thrusts of the original, poorly worded argument is to criticize someone's English perhaps a grammar based response is called for.

goodjob.gif

robertjp said:
Hey Jordan,
Now I'm really convinced you really need to get a life. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? You're suppose to be talking about satellite TV .....not preaching about how to be an Ass.

I am sorry

It was meant to be a JOKE.

Jordan

Gosh, I just signed up today. Now, I'm afraid to post anything. I'm not the most knowledable person when it comes to all this electronic stuff. Do yall always make fun of people?

kgraves,
Welcome to Satelliteguys.us.

Most of the time the people and mods in the forum are very friendly so I woulnd't worry about posting. The last few weeks have been full of bad news from Dish Network and some of us were in a bad mood.:)

kgraves said:
Gosh, I just signed up today. Now, I'm afraid to post anything. I'm not the most knowledable person when it comes to all this electronic stuff. Do yall always make fun of people?

Absolutely not. I would not have still been here after all this time if that were the case. :)

SatelliteGAL said:
Absolutely not. I would not have still been here after all this time if that were the case. :)
But we are allowed to disagree, and I disagree with Randall when he said "The last few weeks have been full of bad news from Dish Network and some of us were in a bad mood." I think it's a great week of news, gobs of HD and a great upgrade plan for all of us. I wish it were free but it will never be sooo....:)

kansaskid said:
Then again, Dish isn't rated #1, is it? Sounds like there 10 million customers compared to directs 16 million just don't stand a chance. Switch now, while you can.
We are Borg. Resistance... ah well, you probably know the rest...

I always root for the underdog :clap Besides, I looked at the numbers related to my upgrade and I'm actually pretty happy. That seems to make me an anomoly in these parts. (I think I used "an" properly in my sentence... :neener)

You're so right

robertjp said:
TO BFG,
So I should wait to Feb. 1 before I hookup my new HD set? I dont think so, OTA or cable here I come. And I expect a English speaking person as well, this is the USA.
And furthermore you dont make announcements to the public without telling your employees first. Poor management.
I'm sick & tired of US companies routing CSR calls to non english speaking places. HP sends all of them to India. This is all in the name of saving money. They just keep taking jobs from Americans & sending them to some 3rd world pesthole. If cable was priced the same I would get it tomorrow. I have no need for anymore than the 60+ pkg. & HBO. :cool:

What's with switching now?

kansaskid said:
Then again, Dish isn't rated #1, is it? Sounds like there 10 million customers compared to directs 16 million just don't stand a chance. Switch now, while you can.

I haven't been on for a while. What is going on regarding switching? Is this an HD issue only? :cool:

kansaskid said:

I haven't been on for a while. What is going on regarding switching? Is this an HD issue only? :cool:

kansaskid said:

Walker1 said:
And furthermore you dont make announcements to the public without telling your employees first. Poor management.
I'm sick & tired of US companies routing CSR calls to non english speaking places. HP sends all of them to India. This is all in the name of saving money. They just keep taking jobs from Americans & sending them to some 3rd world pesthole. If cable was priced the same I would get it tomorrow. I have no need for anymore than the 60+ pkg. & HBO. :cool:

It sounds to me like you just said it all. If cable was the same price you would switch, but it's not, so you are willing to put up with less, so you can pay less.

Last edited:
"...What am I supposed to do wait till Feb 1 to get a reciever?..."

No. You're supposed to wait until Feb 1 to ORDER a receiver. You certainly won't get a VIP622 ON Feb 1. Expect delays. This STB is in hot demand. It will be a while before production catches up to demand.

E* has topped 12 million. Last I heard, D* has topped 15 million but hasn't reached 16 million yet.

If Dish had told all their employees ahead of time, they wouldn't have needed to make an announcement. The word would have leaked. I suspect they wanted to wait to the last minute to make some decisions and then announce. Of course, that's putting it in the best possible light. Since they STILL haven't trained their people ......

Well, let's see if they come up with a plan tailored to folks that bought their equipment.

navychop said:
Well, let's see if they come up with a plan tailored to folks that bought their equipment.

They have. It's called the "Bend over in the past, bend over now" plan.

That's not entirely fair,
i can get 9483 and 9484 now (but I have to unscrew the alternate, 4th satellite)
and it only took 6 calls - and they let me keep both! (cbs hd ny AND la)
Just beacuse I had to call 5 times to get a dollar back one year (which they
reversed the next week anyway) whcih that nice mr. ergen said i was supposed
to get that credit (chicago local was off due to contract dispute) ...theat nice
mr ergen explained on TV later that he was just "trying to make a living" with
all their fees - like if I had 10B$ and I would have to make a living by snatching
every buck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)