When I called Customer service today..

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
When I called customer service today of course it was another foriegn speaking person who I couldnt understatand. She had no idea about the Feb 1 promotions except for the programming. No clue on the equipment. She said I could not get any new equipment till Feb 1. She even tried to offer me 6 mos of free HD programming till she looked and saw I was already subscribing. She knew nothing of the Charlie Chat on Monday. This Co. is becoming more unprofessional by the day. I just got a 2nd HD set. What am I supposed to do wait till Feb 1 to get a reciever? This sucks.

Ok the charlie chat was on monday, it takes a bit of time to train 10,000+ employee's company wide and world wide for that matter. Yes your are supposed to wait until feb 1 to get your receiver as that is when mpeg4 goes online and to have it now would basicly be useless. Have some patience and you will be able to get what you want when it becomes available, unless your one of those guys who would rather eat the cookie dough before its made into cookies.

LOL... You would think a professional company would train everyone internally BEFORE you go make an announcement to the public!

volfan615 said:
LOL... You would think a professional company would train everyone internally BEFORE you go make an announcement to the public!

Oh come on now, where is the fun in that? /sarcasm :D

volfan615 said:
Ahh, but then you would have to know what you were going to announce one month before you did it. :)

One would think they could at least update the website with the 'plan' - that would help eliminate some of the confusion. I'm afraid my expectations are too high.

TO BFG,

So I should wait to Feb. 1 before I hookup my new HD set? I dont think so, OTA or cable here I come. And I expect a English speaking person as well, this is the USA.
And furthermore you dont make announcements to the public without telling your employees first. Poor management.

robertjp said:
TO BFG,
So I should wait to Feb. 1 before I hookup my new HD set? I dont think so, OTA or cable here I come. And I expect a English speaking person as well, this is the USA.
And furthermore you dont make announcements to the public without telling your employees first. Poor management.

Good luck with English speaking person :rolleyes:

DISH hasn't learned the basic principals that made DISNEY great. Training your people to handle customers. If they did that...then maybe even their distributers and installers would talk intelligent too.

robertjp said:
And I expect a English speaking person

Is english your first language?

A or An.

Use an in place of a when it precedes a vowel sound, not just a vowel. That means it's "an honor" (the h is silent), but "a UFO" (because it's pronounced yoo eff oh). This confuses people most often with acronyms and other abbreviations: some people think it's wrong to use "an" in front of an abbreviation (like "MRI") because "an" can only go before vowels. Poppycock: the sound is what matters. It's "an MRI," assuming you pronounce it "em ar eye."

Last edited:
When one of the main thrusts of the original, poorly worded argument is to criticize someone's English perhaps a grammar based response is called for.

robertjp said:
TO BFG,
So I should wait to Feb. 1 before I hookup my new HD set? I dont think so, OTA or cable here I come.
Is the HD receivers even ready for release? probably not

And I expect a English speaking person as well, this is the USA.
obviously you havent heard of outsourcing. Lots of companies do it

Yeah I want the new receiver too, but I am just waiting. I'm not whining & b**ching because someone doesn't know about it.

Nice, can't take a little joshin' can ya?
No need for name calling, I did not see anyone calling you an idiot when you posted these gems
robertjp said:
Guys you are wrong. The 622 does not have a UHF remote
robertjp said:
They dont even speak english barely
robertjp said:
Can someone tell me if I can hookup 2 sat boxes (811 and 501 w/pvr) to my tv off 1 main satellite cable and not degrade the pic quality? Do you use an ordinary splitter of other (diplexor) Thanks in advance. BP
robertjp said:
OK so a satellite signal can only be used by a satellite box. That ends that confusion why the cable direct to the dvdr would not work. You mention I need to select "external or line" but from what box? Im lost but slowly finding my way. Thanks pal.
First post in thread(actually a good question)
robertjp said:
Does anybody out there get detailed programming info on the guide for "local digitals" Im confused. Some of you guys are saying you get it OTA and some are saying it has to come from dish but the 811 doesnt support this yet. Does anybody have the real scoop?
Second post, in response to original question
n0qcu said:
The current software for the 811 gets guide info for local digital channels from dish. Only if dish carries your local analog channels and only if you are in one of the test markets at this time.
robertjp's response
robertjp said:
Funny, Dish carries locals in my market (Rochester, NY) but I dont get the guide info.
Gee, maybe you are not in one of the test markets.

Do not get into a battle of wits with me , you are obviously unarmed:D (I put a big smiley in there so you could figure out this is all in fun)
Jordan

Then again, Dish isn't rated #1, is it? Sounds like there 10 million customers compared to directs 16 million just don't stand a chance. Switch now, while you can.

kansaskid said:
Then again, Dish isn't rated #1, is it? Sounds like there 10 million customers compared to directs 16 million just don't stand a chance. Switch now, while you can.

Look out... You also might be nailed by Jordan420 :)

Hey Jordan,

Now I'm really convinced you really need to get a life. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? You're suppose to be talking about satellite TV .....not preaching about how to be an Ass.

Yes folks this is no spelling and grammer school, as if it was I wouldnt be allowed to post here as I would be suspended all the time. :D

Back on topic PLEASE. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)