When is BBC HD coming to the U.S.?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sarang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
I already know they have been broadcasting it since like May in various places in Britain and OTA in London. Honestly, it would be nice to see shows like "Hex", "Doctor Who" and "Robin Hood" each aired in HD respectively. It would also be a great addition as solid HD channel as compared to some offered which seem to be endless loops mostly, COUGHVOOMCOUGH.
Check it out here: www.bbc.co.uk/hd

Time to harp on Discovery to delay BBC World and bring this over first. I mean let's be honest here, who WOULDN'T want to see BBC programming in HD?! :D

It's still beta testing in the UK. If it ever goes live for the US it will have different programing at certain times due to licensing of sports and TV shows.

It strikes me that providers like E* would have to make a decision based on how much demand there is for something and the bandwidth it would take. I suspect they think they would get more "bang" out of Cinemax HD or MHD than BBC HD.

But it would sure be neat to have it.

It strikes me that providers like E* would have to make a decision based on how much demand there is for something and the bandwidth it would take. I suspect they think they would get more "bang" out of Cinemax HD or MHD than BBC HD.

But it would sure be neat to have it.

You're kidding right? Cinemax HD I might be able to see but MHD, with the bitching going on about it, I doubt it.

You're kidding right? Cinemax HD I might be able to see but MHD, with the bitching going on about it, I doubt it.

I personally have no interest in MTV's HD channel, but I have heard a LOT of requests for it in the forums; my thought is simply that the E* people probably think they have a much bigger demand for those two channels than for BBC HD. Personally, I would welcome BBC. I'd love to see The Doctor in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts