When Is Starz HD coming to Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Conner65

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Has anybody got any inside scoop on this? This is really the only main Hd channel I want missing from Dish's lineup.

Last edited:
goaliebob99 said:
Roomer has it in 2 weeks around team summit.. (not confirmed though)

[sarcasm ON] ...on the brand new 118.7 satellite location. For a $99 dollar fee or additional 18 month commitment you will be able to receive it... [/sarcasm OFF]

Jeff_R said:
[sarcasm ON] ...on the brand new 118.7 satellite location. For a $99 dollar fee or additional 18 month commitment you will be able to receive it... [/sarcasm OFF]

Sarcasm or not, I wouldn't bet a dime against that happening.

Jeff_R said:
Yeah the 99 bux for the dish and additional 59 bux for the installer, as well as a $5 per month additional programming access fee, since it is leased space on AMC-16. If you can't come up with this, you will still have to fulfill your existing 18 month commitment, even though you can't receive the programming anymore. It don't matter, because the 622 still has a decent SD picture, and also the fact that the mpeg2 SD programming won't overstress the 622 too much, so it'll run more stable without HD mpeg4 feed.:eek:

ralfyguy said:
Yeah the 99 bux for the dish and additional 59 bux for the installer, as well as a $5 per month additional programming access fee, since it is leased space on AMC-16. If you can't come up with this, you will still have to fulfill your existing 18 month commitment, even though you can't receive the programming anymore. It don't matter, because the 622 still has a decent SD picture, and also the fact that the mpeg2 SD programming won't overstress the 622 too much, so it'll run more stable without HD mpeg4 feed.:eek:

I was really going to have a problem if the HD at 118 stuff was going to become reality. I just got my 622 this week, including Dish 1000. I had E* about 4 years ago, and switched because I was really tired of the new hardware requirements, add-ons (6000 receiver), etc. When I switched back, it was because I thought, in reading this and other sites, that E* might just have their ducks in a row now and the hardware will be consistent for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts