When is there going to be a large shipment of 921s?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ray S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Central NJ
On 12/21/03 Dishnetwork.com listed the 921 and stated "Available exclusively at participating retailers."

Now we find that only twenty two were released nationwide. The closest thing we have are statements from some of the retailers that they will know more on monday 12/29/03.

This is typical marketing mess by Dish. Either they promise and nothing is delivered or they give innuendos.

I certainly would like to know something more concrete.

Ray S said:
On 12/21/03 Dishnetwork.com listed the 921 and stated "Available exclusively at participating retailers."

Now we find that only twenty two were released nationwide. The closest thing we have are statements from some of the retailers that they will know more on monday 12/29/03.

This is typical marketing mess by Dish. Either they promise and nothing is delivered or they give innuendos.

I certainly would like to know something more concrete.

my bets are on sometime in 2004 :D

Ray S said:
Now we find that only twenty two were released nationwide.

My local retailer heard that 30 were released. (Close enough to 22)

Big fat hairy deal.

Hey if I wait til Russian Christmas, maybe I can get a reprieve and have a 921 under my tree. :D

My dealer is pretty cool-
He has no 811's Because all his customers got them.
He said I will get the first 921 as I'm first on a list of one, me.

Store policy- No employee may purchase with employee discount any product that has customers waiting in back order status. Employees may get in line and buy at customer price, however.

Waiting lists/backorder status are those who prepaid.

The downside of this policy is that if he doesn't get any from distributor, the customer is locked in to waiting when, maybe Sears has them on the shelf. I trust this to be unlikely as he was one of the first to have 811's when comparing to other online retailers.

As to what he heard- nothing has been released from his distributor to area stores yet as of Dec 23. I'll be checking Monday!

Some have e-mailed me for the name of my dealer. Hey- Until these things get shipped like normal product nobody is having any luck. I'll let you know when my dealer comes through. I just feel the one I've known for quite a few years is better than some others I've visited who act kind of rude to at best saying they aren't going to sell 921's at all. Many of these guy's I think are too busy doing Comcast converts to care about esoteric E* stuff like HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts