When is too far away too far away..

If one is UHF and the other is VHF, yes. Otherwise, you'll need a complicated series of channels blockers to prevent multi-path from the antenna you don't want receiving each particular station.

Rotator is much simpler, but it complicates TiVo recording, etc.

Perhaps someone needs to invent a remote rotator unit that responds to TiVo commands for channel selection. Tivo changes to channel 32 and the rotator turns to the proper heading.

Last edited:
Or do like in PHX and DFW, mandate that they have to all work together and install in and around the same location (within a few blocks); but that is common sence and common good for the end users - BLAH!

Or like in Denver where the NIMBY's are trying to stop them from consolidating 4-5 towers in one area into 1.

can pick up syracuse Digital

I'm about 65 air miles from Syracuse in the Adirondack Foothills and with just a small UHF antenna I'm picking up WSYR-Digital, WCNY -Digital (4 signals) WSYT - Digital and now since they just increased their power this week - WSTM- Digital with 4 Signals. I'm receiving all with a 65% average signal. Every once in a while I'll get a break up, but not very often. Just thought you might be interested. Oh, yes I also get WUTR - Digital from Utica as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)