When is VOD available for the 510?

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Does anyone know when the VOD feature will be available for the 510? I thought it was due by now, but as of Sunday, I don't have it yet. TIA!

SatinKzo said:
no kidding, I would be mad if my 510 HD space was chewed up my VOD crap from dish.

it doesn't take up alloted space on your hard-drive for recording, Dish had space built-in for things such as VOD. you have the same amount of HD space to record on whether VOD is there or not.

Slamminc11 said:
it doesn't take up alloted space on your hard-drive for recording, Dish had space built-in for things such as VOD. you have the same amount of HD space to record on whether VOD is there or not.
Yeah - but the physical drive space is reserved for VOD and we can't use it for real recording. :(

The ONLY reason for that is E*s greed.

I have 3 movies downloaded and ready for showing. Too bad as I would never use this service, i would prefer to use the space for recordings i want.

Slamminc11 said:

But on the 510, since no space was alloted for it from the beginning (that I know of) then I want the "VOD designated" space back on my 510 till they start using it. I am just speaking hypothetically here as I know alot of people have swapped drives in the 510's and have never reported having less disk space then they put in.

I do realize on the VOD enabled receivers we never lost any space, but on earlier receivers did they set aside space for this? That would be forward thinking and I have never seen them do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts