When to call Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
mountain time. I just called for the fun of it and was told to call back in an hour. I'm sure when I do, I will be told to call back in another hour..

i just called too and was told to call back at 8AM EST

They were trying to give me a 811 for $49
plus 7 days for shipping

What no Superbowl in HD
I'll wait for the 622

Last edited:
I think they are having a problem getting the info into everyone's systems. I guess Dish has offices nation-wide so it will take time. Until then, there isn't anything they can do since the info is not in CSR's systems just yet. At least, that's what I am being told as of right now.

I am in CA so I can wait up for a while here. They keep trying to push me to call some other day (they probably are doing this to discourage average folks a bit to make way for the hardcore people). I will call again in another 20 minutes or so and see what happens.

Yeah, I just got off the phone with Dish. My wait time wasnt even 1 minute! The CSR I talked with was very knowledgeable about the 622, but said their "systems were down at the moment" and he "didnt honestly know when they would be back up, I might have to call tomorrow for information on it (Feb 2nd)."

So, I'll try again in 15 minutes :D

You know, it looks like the login for the account section at their website is down right now. Maybe when that goes back up that is the cue that the systems are up with the new info for ordering. Just a guess. Of course the news scroll here says not to call till 6:00am. I will promptly be ignoring that (and, of course, it will probably end up being accurate). :)

Hah, now I'm getting told to "call back friday and we'll have the information 100% on the VIP 622".

thecodeman said:
Hah, now I'm getting told to "call back friday and we'll have the information 100% on the VIP 622".

heh- Welcome to the wonderful world of Dish Network! Like I said, they are being told to get people to call back later... MUCH later if possible, to help alleviate the call load when the systems do go up. Apparently, they don't understand the mindset of the hardcore videophile very well, now do they? :p

sonnyboy11 said:
heh- Welcome to the wonderful world of Dish Network! Like I said, they are being told to get people to call back later... MUCH later if possible, to help alleviate the call load when the systems do go up. Apparently, they don't understand the mindset of the hardcore videophile very well, now do they? :p
Yeah, I have a feeling this will be the only time I do this. And it's only because I just got a HDTV this weekend and have been stuck watching Discovery HD. I've seen "Rides" at the Autorama like 5 times now :-/

Well, the website is up. And I was finally able to login to my account. And lo and behold- I now have the option to upgrade to the 622VIP just by calling! So, I call... and I still get told to call back later. sigh

Oh, and they are really emphasizing the "$299.99 fee to upgrade". One rep even told me "Hey, I think that $200 rebate might apply to your 811 too if you just wait till April 1st". Whatever it takes to get people to call some other time.

sonnyboy11 said:
Well, the website is up. And I was finally able to login to my account. And lo and behold- I now have the option to upgrade to the 622VIP just by calling! So, I call... and I still get told to call back later. sigh

Oh, and they are really emphasizing the "$299.99 fee to upgrade". One rep even told me "Hey, I think that $200 rebate might apply to your 811 too if you just wait till April 1st". Whatever it takes to get people to call some other time.
I wonder, will they charge the 299 to your bill or will you have to pay by CC?

thecodeman said:
I wonder, will they charge the 299 to your bill or will you have to pay by CC?

Not sure bout that. I got the Center Ice pack and that went on my bill. But I would not be surprised if they want the $299 right then and there.

Just tried to order a ViP211, offers are in the system, but there are problems. I got as far as the part where E* computer wouldn't let the CSR proceed without scheduling a Dish 1000 install. She said that obviously there is no reason that I should need a D1000 as I already have a dish pointed at 61.5 (gee, who'd have thought...), but the system wouldn't let her proceed. Was advised to call back in about 2 hrs when there should be somebody there who can "override" the install.

I had a similar problem just activating the Voom pack a while back on my 211. The system freaked and tried to schedule an install to install a dish 1000. I already have a dish ay 61.5. Took 30 minutes trying to find the right person who could override it.

Called Dish 3 x said call back 8am mountain

I called Dish at Midnite Los Angeles time, pacific and was told system down call back in hour, called back hour said call back 3 am mountain time, called back 3 am mountain time was on hold 15 minutes and told all systems down call back 8 am montain time maybe system up by then, what a bunch of disorganized morons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)