When was there a Turbo Package price hike?

joeyjojojnr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
I seem to recall signing up for Turbod HD Bronze when it was $24.99

It's now listed at $29.99

By statement now lists it at $34.99 with locals.

Am I SOL? Does dish just hike rates when the feel like it, while we're stuck with the length of the contract we signed up for?

Or did I completely imagine the $24.99 price?

I seem to recall signing up for Turbod HD Bronze when it was $24.99

It's now listed at $29.99

By statement now lists it at $34.99 with locals.

Am I SOL? Does dish just hike rates when the feel like it, while we're stuck with the length of the contract we signed up for?

Or did I completely imagine the $24.99 price?
You should definitely check this site often. We found out about the hike a few months ago, and were all whining about it then. Unfortunately, it is standard practice by all providers. It is perfectly within their rights as per the contract. Depending on the provider, prices rise on average once per year. This price hike was apparently two years in the making, and it really hurt. I have Turbo Gold and am paying $10 more.

This feels very much like a bait and switch tactic.

Dish has really done nothing to convince me that they are any better than any other provider.

*sigh*

So, I'm paying $5 and I get BET JAZZ and Green Living?

double *sigh*

This feels very much like a bait and switch tactic.

Dish has really done nothing to convince me that they are any better than any other provider.

*sigh*

So, I'm paying $5 and I get BET JAZZ and Green Living?

double *sigh*
I feel your pain. And we didnt even get the FoxNews stuff!

So far I haven't seen anything extra for the extra $10 we're paying every month!!!
Well, at least we haven't seen anything in HD yet... We do now have Comedy Central and CMT in sd... I don't know whether to be excited or insulted. I mean, we pay a significant premium for the privilege of having only HD channels, and they keep sticking us with previews of sd channels? I don't get it...

Had a $7 increase in February, called in and they came up with a $5 for 10 month reduction, pretty reasonable from my perspective....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts