When Will DirecTV Confirm New HD Lineup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My question though is when they do add CNN (HD), other than tuning to the channel, do you think we will be able to tell either by appending the channel name in the ALL CHAN/FAV's lists, or maybe inserting an HD icon next to it.
There are likely many options. Which one is chosen will not be known until they go live. Which option they go with long term may be something entirely different.

Suffice it to say that many will be happy and a few will be perturbed.

Hello All,

I'm new to this form, but had DirecTV for 9 years before leaving for Verizon FiOS last year. We switched to FiOS because we purchased new HD TVs and Verizon offered much more HD programming at that point in time for a lot less money than DirecTV. Now that we're moving to an area outside of Verizon territory, I am looking at switching back to DirecTV again when we move in mid August.

My years of absolutely great experiences with DirecTV makes them the first choice, but I am still waiting to see official confirmation of what the HD lineup will look like before I sign on the dotted line. Does anyone know when DirecTV will formally announce the new lineup?

I know the new satellite was launched a few weeks ago and is being tested and I've seen the press releases of those channels that have agreements in place or are being worked on and it looks great. My only hesitation in signing up now is that I've seen that game before with Verizon. They announced agreements and did nothing for almost a year before actually adding the new HD channels to their lineup even though they had more than enough bandwidth.

I have heard the mid September date thrown around a lot and even heard that from a sales rep canvasing Costco last weekend here in Dallas, but bottom line, I don't want to commit the upfront money for 2 HD DVRs if the lineup is not going to materialize as fast as DirecTV says it will. My family has looked at the current lineup with me and we all agree that at this point in time, it is not worth it until the majority of the new channels hit the satellite feed. I'd really prefer not to even look at Dish, but they have a strong HD lineup in place right now and I can't see moving the family into a new house with no TV service. I'm thinking about going month to month with Time Warner cable until I see proof of what will really be available - Show Me The HD! :)

I appreciate any information anyone might have.

The day after they go live !

I hope that they are able to do for all of the HD channels what they did for channel 101.

Channel 101 is received as a HD channel on my HD IRDS, and as a SD channel on my SD IRDS - there is no duplicate channel in the guide as with the other HD channels.

I don't understand how they do it technically, but that would be a great solution IMO.

I think they should get the bugs out of the H20-100 receiver before they start adding channels,If we hod 500 channels and they are full of bugs thats not too good,but I guess it would be better to look at when it does work: wmj5@aol.com Jerry Johnson

Its very hard to "confirm" an HD line-up when half of the "announced" HD channels have not launched yet!!! (I am sure D* will carry them when they do launch)

i think directv has been pretty clear about the hd channels that are launching in september. i believe all that are on the list are already up and running, except tbs hd. but since they are showing mlb playoffs starting the first week of october, its a safe assumption it will be live before then!!

Its very hard to "confirm" an HD line-up when half of the "announced" HD channels have not launched yet!!! (I am sure D* will carry them when they do launch)

MAYBE they are waiting for D* to debut them. Did that ever occur to you?

OR Best buy messed up the setup. Why go right into attack mode? Im sure I could think of more reasons too.

I know a troll when I smell one. Truthfully, it is possible that they weren't set up correctly, but if that's the case, don't you think the poster would have said something to the salesman there? The other possibility is the program wasn't in hd in the first place. If so, the poster is incompetent for not knowing the difference.

You think that could be the reason? Remember when D* got burned on the ESPN2 HD start up date? I doubt they want that to happen again.
The only 2 major ones for left for september are TBS and CNN .These are both owned by time warner( which owns thousands of local cable systems) so no I dont think they would give an edge to a competitor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.