When Will Dish Add USA HD?

There sure as hell seems like a lot of space for USA HD and SciFi HD at 77/105/121/148 for HD to go active. Heck, they almost all look rather empty... :) lol...

Yes I do. A lot of people might not like wrestling, but it IS the number 1 rated show on cable tv. :)

That's not entirely true. For the week ending 1/13, new episodes of "Monk" and "Psych" both beat airings of WWE Raw, and I'm pretty sure Monday Night Football on ESPN regularly was rated higher (including the highest cable rating ever, for a Patriots game against the Baltimore Ravens)

I too have read this from posters like yourself, about the opinion that there are spots available, but that wasn't really my question was it?:rolleyes: When can they have a satellite operable after launch? With 10 spots available and possible commitments elsewhere, they could still run into problems. But realistically, YOU DON'T KNOW FOR SURE IF THERE ARE ANY SPOTS AVAILABLE.

In press releases, Charlie has discussed a limit of spots available until he launches another satellite, so please re-read my post and answer that question since you seem to know it all.

Yes, there is a limit until another satellite is launched.

We know there are two spaces for USA-HD and SciFi-HD because both channels are already taking up space on 110 (note that that the programming is not uplinked, but the channel numbers are in the table, and two other channels were removed to make way.)

We also know that there are several other spaces, because not only is there extra bandwidth on some HD transponders, but there is even test channels uplinked.

Lastly, in a pinch, Dish can do either of two things:
1) They can remove HD PPV channels and replace them with National HD channels, and/or
2) They can squeeze an extra HD channel onto the current HD transponders temporarily until the new satellite(s) come online.

So, while they certainly don't have the space to add dozens of new HD channels, they do have the space to add some of the recent new HD channels - if and when they come to a mutually beneficial agreement with the channel providers.

They took down the fish tank channel because everyone was asking why this totally useless channel was so much clearer than all the other HD.
Just my .02 worth

Well folks could always call Universal Studios in NY see when they have spoke with Dish about get their two channels up.

I was told awhile ago that USA and SciFi HD would both launch end of this month-beginning of next month time frame.

Now things change, but I haven't heard anything different since then.

I have no interest in WWE but I do like Monk and I hate to say it..... I am a big Stargate fan.

Once these two channels get turned on, how much do you want to bet we will hear someone complain :" IF DISH doesn't turn on more hd channels I'm leaving!";)

Once these two channels get turned on, how much do you want to bet we will hear someone complain :" IF DISH doesn't turn on more hd channels I'm leaving!";)

Either that, or complain of the lack of programming, or stretched picture, or bad PQ, or something else!

I was told awhile ago that USA and SciFi HD would both launch end of this month-beginning of next month time frame.

Now things change, but I haven't heard anything different since then.

I have no interest in WWE but I do like Monk and I hate to say it..... I am a big Stargate fan.

Early February would have been my guess just based on that being the timeframe for starting tiers for HD, etc. There are a lot of changes around that timeframe that has been confirmed.

Write to Echostar

I have been pretty pissed since DirectTV updated their HD. I tried calling Dish to find anything out but they don't know anything or won't say. I found a memo online from Rueters about Dish upgrading in February of 08. It had an e-mail address to a dish rep at echostar, i wrote her asking about if and when they were updating. Here is what she wrote back.

"
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your inquiry. The press release is accurate. We will reach the 100 HD channel mark in 2008! Or service centers may not be up to speed yet on our announcements hence their response- we're working on that now. Unfortunately, we don't disclose what channels we plan to launch nor do we disclose when we'll launch them- it's policy that we don't discuss this information publicly. We do appreciate your business and we hope you continue as a DISH Network customer. We've got a lot of great things slated for 2008, including reaching the 100 HD channel count!

Best wishes,

Parker C. McConachie
Corporate Communications
DISH Network Corporation
EchoStar Technologies LLC
direct: (303) 723-2233
fax: (303) 723-1046
press: (720) 513-5351"

I know its nothing new but we really should just keep pestering them, or just up and leave. I can't because of a contract but i would have already switched had it not been for that

DVR Advantage Question

Macroblocking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)