When Will Dish Fix the New Alaska/Hawaii HD Packages

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
The new packages are supposed to include HD from 110(part of the old package and some recently added new ones) and 129(all new). If you call and change your package to the new one you will lose all of the HD from 110 and get all of the HD from 129. Once you call and upgrade you can't switch back. I talked to a CSR and Tech Support and they both thought the problem was on my end and offered to send a tech to my house?

How many complaints will they need to receive before they fix the problem?

prolly more than 1 :p

Although I know of at least one other person that has done this, that's still not enough for them to take it seriously. I have a feeling we'll be waiting a while to get this resolved.

At least you're getting some HD...after my botched install I only have HBO & Showtime in HD plus locals. Nothing else....

At least you're getting some HD...after my botched install I only have HBO & Showtime in HD plus locals. Nothing else....

Were are you located? If your check switch can see 110 and 129 you should get them. You're obviously seeing one of them since you get HBO/Showtime. I think 5515 is 110 and 5545 is 129.

I'm contacting my local dealer and see if he has a contact at Dish. This should be an easy fix for Dish once they believe it's a problem.

Were are you located? If your check switch can see 110 and 129 you should get them. You're obviously seeing one of them since you get HBO/Showtime. I think 5515 is 110 and 5545 is 129.

I'm contacting my local dealer and see if he has a contact at Dish. This should be an easy fix for Dish once they believe it's a problem.

I think mine is a comedy of errors here on Maui...

I can see both 110 and 119, but on Port 3 where 129 should be I have "Conn" and "X". I'm using a DP33 switch w/ separator on a 722 DVR.

I receive none of the 129 HD channels and the only 110 HD channels I receive are HBO/Sho, my local HD in the 5600s, and the channels between 5520 and 5534. The HD channels betwen 9420 and 9432 appear on the guide but are in red.

3 calls to tech support have all ended the same..."we don't know what the problem is with the 110, wait and see if it fixes itself". With the 129, they are blaming it on the installer and sending him back out tomorrow.

One thing I did learn from this is that there is a Silver HD package and a Hawaii Silver HD pacakge...so apparently they are still not the same.

Yesterday a hit brought me the 30 new (including 10 we already had at 110) 129 spot HD channels, but wiped out all 110 HD channels except HBO, SHO and HD locals.

Today's package flag change brought up the 11 new 110 spot HD channels that I had received yesterday and then lost with the old ones.

Do we need another package flag change to bring up the old 110 HD channels?

There are 4 missing, but listed on the updated AK/HI HD list at the dish site (all on the 110 spot): NFL, NTGEO, VS, BIO.

Also four more that are not on the new list :(: UNIHD on 110 spot and HDNET, HDTHR, HDNMV on 110 conus. UNIHD and HDNMV are platinum, the other two are bronze.

DishNetwork: Please don't take HDNET away! The two new channels I was looking forward to were CNN and CMDY, but the only thing I've seen there in HD are some of the commercials. HDNET has great PQ and content, and is in the cheapest package (bronze). Mahalo :)

Yesterday a hit brought me the 30 new (including 10 we already had at 110) 129 spot HD channels, but wiped out all 110 HD channels except HBO, SHO and HD locals.

Today's package flag change brought up the 11 new 110 spot HD channels that I had received yesterday and then lost with the old ones.

Do we need another package flag change to bring up the old 110 HD channels?

There are 4 missing, but listed on the updated AK/HI HD list at the dish site (all on the 110 spot): NFL, NTGEO, VS, BIO.

Also four more that are not on the new list :(: UNIHD on 110 spot and HDNET, HDTHR, HDNMV on 110 conus. UNIHD and HDNMV are platinum, the other two are bronze.

DishNetwork: Please don't take HDNET away! The two new channels I was looking forward to were CNN and CMDY, but the only thing I've seen there in HD are some of the commercials. HDNET has great PQ and content, and is in the cheapest package (bronze). Mahalo :)

I was told yesterday by one of the tech support people that the Uni, HDNET, HDTHE, and HDNMV would be disappearing but would return...wait for it..."soon".

I was told yesterday by one of the tech support people that the Uni, HDNET, HDTHE, and HDNMV would be disappearing but would return...wait for it..."soon".

Kudos to Dish for fixing the missing HD in the new packages so quickly.

Now if they'll add the ones we lost and have grown attached to I'll be pretty happy.

Oh and don't forget the Anchorage NBC and FOX HD feeds.

Can you get HD locals ota in anchorage?

I do, but it would be nice to also have Dish carry them. There are a couple of shows in HD at the same time and I only have one OTA tuner.

There is one problem in Anchorage(that I've reported many times) with the Dish OTA guide. The local CBS staion guide information shows NBC. The Dish channel at 5604 shows the correct information, but the one at 011-1 shows NBC shows. If I switch to the tuner on my TV it shows the correct information, so it appears to be something that Dish can fix.

I'm on the road today, but it looks like in todays uplink report that the missing channels are back.

I'm on the road today, but it looks like in todays uplink report that the missing channels are back.

Yup, problems solved. we also got 9 duplicates turned back on, but lost HDNMV and UNIHD (platinum).

Yahoo. :)

Now just need a fix for the 129 conus-in-the-Hawaii-program-guide issue.

At least the future looks promising after all the bugs are worked out. Any HD is better than what we had a year or year and a half ago. Sometimes I long for the days when we just threw a dish up at 119 and walked away...no check switch, switches, diplexers, etc. But on the other hand the new technology is cool. Well I keep reading these threads with interest, but haven't been able to try anything yet here in Southeast because I still haven't figured out how to find 129 up here with my birdog. I also deal with Satellite Alaska AKgolf, and they'll get it figured out...they are pretty good guys. Cheers

As I've posted before, whenever I do a check switch from my 622 receiver, I keep getting a red x under 129, yet I receive all the HD channels that I'm supposed to. Other than that, the receiver works fine.

My new problem is with my 322 receiver which is not an HD nor DVR box. Whenever I turn it on for the first time each day, after updates have been downloaded, I get the message saying that there is something wrong with my switch and it starts to run through its tests. It takes forever and then shows me the red x under 129 again. Then it goes through it's satellite acquisition which takes forever, sometimes it needs to re-start the acquisition. Once that is done, it starts to try and download the guide. That sometimes gets stuck and I end up having to repeat the whole process through the menu, 6-1-1. The whole process takes 20 min. just to get it going. Has anyone else in Hawaii had this problem with a non-HD receiver.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem? Do I need to have my 322 box re-authorized even though I don't get channels from 129 on it? What should I tell Dish to avoid the whole "It's your installers fault" speech?

Can't you just use the system locks to hide those from the guide?

Not exactly a fix but a pretty good band-aid.

Good band-aid idea. It would get the unattainable conus channels out of the guide and probably keep them from messing up searches and dish pass. What I'm not sure about is whether the receiver will stop looking for the (locked out) conus channels when I turn it on. I'll give it a try.

I did lock out the 129 conus channels and it solves the program search and dish pass issue. Hopefully my 722 will stop trying to find the 129 conus tp's as well.

It is kind of a tedious process. If any other Hawaii folks want to try, this spreadsheet of Hawaii HD channels will be helpful:

View attachment 37870

Great news!

The local dealer did an install using the new dish for 119/129 using two receivers. He mentioned that the single tuner HD receiver(not sure which model) does the check switch okay, but the 722 gets the red x. I know he's using a DPP33. I thought there were only issues with the older switches.

I did lock out the 129 conus channels and it solves the program search and dish pass issue. Hopefully my 722 will stop trying to find the 129 conus tp's as well.

It is kind of a tedious process. If any other Hawaii folks want to try, this spreadsheet of Hawaii HD channels will be helpful:

View attachment 37870

My 722 still looks for signal when I turn it on, even after locking the 129 conus HD out of the guide. Looks like that will need a real fix, though the system lock band-aid did help with other issues.

Great news!

The local dealer did an install using the new dish for 119/129 using two receivers. He mentioned that the single tuner HD receiver(not sure which model) does the check switch okay, but the 722 gets the red x. I know he's using a DPP33. I thought there were only issues with the older switches.

What do our great tech-minded guys here at Sat guys think would cause only the two-tuner receiver to pull up the reception error x at 129? My 722 has the x at 129, the same as everyone else, but I'm getting all the 129 channels that I'm supposed to with no issues. Are any of you in this boat (2-tuner HD receiver) having a differrent result? I have a dpp44 and dp lnb's (no legacy stuff).

Are any HI/AK folks missing any of the new HD channels? I'm getting them all. 45 HD nationals (plus 10 duplicates mirrored on 110/129), 3 HD premiums and 5 HD locals. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)