When will Sling have DVR functionality?

barleyguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2015
Colorado, US
I thought this deserved its own thread.

I never, ever watch anything live. On OTA I record to a computer with an HDHomeRun, skip all the commercials with ComSkip, and watch with XBMC. Also, I don't have the type of lifestyle where I am willing to be home at a particular time to watch something.

Which leads me to the question: Does anyone know if Sling TV has any plans to offer cloud DVR with 30-second fast forward? (Automatic comskip would be even better but the programmers would never go for it.)

Also, how many of you consider DVR a mandatory feature to subscribe?

Cheers.

Reactions: Benyth and TheKrell
Quite honestly I would be surprised if they add DVR functionality, although I have not seen anything to indicate plans one way or the other.

I am generally a DVR user but for what I would use sling for, which is espn, I always watch that live . Things I dvr are scripted network shows and sling doesnt offer them anyway.

How does that work exactly? Just hit rewind? Or can you actually choose which episode from the last 3 days to watch?

How does that work exactly? Just hit rewind? Or can you actually choose which episode from the last 3 days to watch?
Click or swipe up over the channel logo that you want to check and it will take you to a menu where some options are for VOD.

Reactions: Rey
It's honestly one of the last features I care about when it comes to sling. Maybe if they offer it it will be an add-on $$$ based on how they are doing things. Very nice IMO. Give us option of second stream, DVR, along with packages.
The Epix pack actually has a very nice setup for on-demand style. Just wish it was all in one spot instead of each channel having separate stuff, but that might be an Epix thing. Never had epix before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)