Where can I buy a 921 + HDTV Bundle?

justdaved

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
MA
I live in Central Massachusetts and all the retailers in the area that I know of don't carry them. Any suggestions? Thanks

Did Dish say to call them or the retailers to get one? Check the Chat logs to see.

Well, I guess it only takes a few moments to call Dish, just try that route first and see what they say.

Yes call your local retailer. Because these TV's are so big and heavy the cost of an online dealer shipping the units to you is way too much. :)

My 8 hour quest to find a place to buy the package

I saw a rebroadcast of the 11/8/04 Technical Forum and saw the DVR921 and monitor Bundle for $999. Given that I have been on the waiting list for more than 6 months with 3 of my local dealers in Lubbock, Tx for a DVR921 , I called them. They still had no idea of this deal and still had no idea of when they would get a DVR921. I then called the Dish 800 #. Their agent had no idea of what I was talking about. I then transferred to technical support. They at least knew of the deal and suggested I call the national retailers . The list was Sears, Costco, Sams, and Radio Shack. I called Radio Shack first. The local store had no idea what I was asking for. I then called the Radio Shack National #. Their agent did not have any idea what I was talking about , but did have the DVR921 for the $549 price. Their agent conferenced called the Dish folks and while we were all together the Dish agent said the only national agents for this deal were Sears and Costco. The Radio Shack agent was pleasant though upset with Dish for not including them. I then called the local Sears store and they had no idea of what I was asking for. Their Dept. manager called Dish and called me back to tell me that I could only get it through Dish, but would keep my # in case he gets any info through Sears of this deal. I then recalled Dish and asked for a Supervisor. The Supervisor then looked up upcoming training and saw training for this package and a sales date of Nov 23rd through a Dish agent. I will call them on the 23rd and see what happens. Supposedly they have put a note on my account as to my request and their response.

don_riggins said:
Any of the national accounts or you can purchase the rcvr directly through dish for 549.

That's true, but I think this person was looking for a 921 + a monitor.

Michael

Yeah, if your looking for the bundle get it direct from dish, they ship the 921 and the installer will deliver the tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)