Where can I buy a new or good used 622?

peano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
I am looking to buy a new 622. I want a silver HDPVR. I would also consider a used one in good shape but I am not interested in ebay.

Anyone know a retailer or somewhere I can get one?

From Dish you only get leased equipment, they do not sell.

$25 down and $12.95 a month forever ($7 lease fee + $5.98 DVR fee which you incur even with a purchase).

From Dish you only get leased equipment, they do not sell.

$25 down and $12.95 a month forever ($7 lease fee + $5.98 DVR fee which you incur even with a purchase).
He would pay the same fee whether he leased or not. When owned, lease fee is called additional equipment fee or something like that. Lease is the way to go, especially with current offer.

He would pay the same fee whether he leased or not. When owned, lease fee is called additional equipment fee or something like that. Lease is the way to go, especially with current offer.

I have to agree with this analysis. Not sure how Dish can justify charging someone the equivalent of a lease fee when they've purchased the hardware, but they do.

I just got an e-mail from Dish Network saying current customers can get the VIP622 for free. You will still have to upgrade your dish if you don't have a 1000.2 or 1000.4. Dish said if a new dish was needed, it would be $50 for installation.

Leased equipment is the way to go. Why buy if it costs the same each month, especially when they are giving tHD receiver to you for free.

You telling me that if the 622 is the only equipment you have, that it's considered additional equipment???

I just got an e-mail from Dish Network saying current customers can get the VIP622 for free. You will still have to upgrade your dish if you don't have a 1000.2 or 1000.4. Dish said if a new dish was needed, it would be $50 for installation.

Leased equipment is the way to go. Why buy if it costs the same each month, especially when they are giving tHD receiver to you for free.

One catch...a person would have to extend things by 24 months.

The 722 is a great deal but I would like a silver box. And sprintcarcrazy won't respond to my PMs so I'm still in the market if anybody wants to sell their 622.

where ever you buy it from, get the Receiver Id and Smart Card id and call dish to check the status of the receiver. It maybe own by dish or has a balance on the receiver and the only way to get it active is pay off the balance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)