Where can you buy rotor wire?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I know about Solid Signal but they want $19 to ship the $25.99 spool of 250 ft. Is there any place else that I can buy this? Would a Home Depot or maybe a Lowes carry something like this? Any other websites anyone knows of? Thanks.

I need probably 150'-200' as the only place I could put my antenna was out in my backyard on my shed. Is it possible to splice 2 of them together? I would rather have it as one continious line if I could.

Actually, can I use 22 gauge rotor wire for 200' length or am I better off with 20 gauge? Will it make a huge difference?

I asked because the rotator directions stated 20 guage up to 280'. I didn't think it would matter but I wanted to be sure.

Go to your local plumbing/heating and air supply house and get thermostat wire. It's 18g and inexpensive. I even used it for new telephone wiring. You can get from 2 conductor up to 10 conductor. I work in a place like this and sell it all the time.

Scott,
Do not use anything smaller than 20awg.

The wire will be carring voltage and amp hr's.

It's like a water pump. If it trying to push 24 psi of water into a 1/4 pipe, it will take all day to fill a bucket and the pump will work itself to death in doing so. It will be able to send the water at the same psi but with a greater flow with a bigger pipe size. And the pump will not need to work as hard.

Go with the larger 18awg. If you can find the wire they use for wiring the boat trailers that would be great as it is rated for outside use. Also as a Ham Radio Person, you can look for "The Wire Man" on the net.

I found it for you,

http://thewireman.com/index.shtml

If it has to do wire, this guy has it or can get it for you.

Norman KB4TXT

Last edited:
I'll have to check out HD or Lowes this weekend. I am not familar with any plumbing/heating supply people in my area. I can't think its that expensive at HD or Lowes. I will also look for the 18awg. This might sound like a stupid question but are all the wires in the conductor the same or are they different? What I mean is that when I hook this up do I need to worry what color wire goes where?

The conducotrs have all the same guage. There should be a wiring scheme with the rotor and the control unit. Just choose your own layout of colors and hook up to the according terminals. Use the scheme provided and mark the colors you choose on it. Like when you hooked up the rotor, and sealed it, go inside and take the scheme with the colors you noted there and hook up the control accordingly. The thermostat wire is really not expensive, and most places sell it by the foot. Dunno if Lowe's has it. Look at the scheme of how many conductors you need by how many terminals the rotor has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts