Where Have All the PPV Movies Gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N4ST

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Jersey, VA
I guess I understood during football season when most of the PPV channels are shut down on the weekends, but what gives now? Only about 1/3 of the PPV channels are available during the week. Are they that hard pressed for bandwidth that they are shutting down channels? And why all of the channel shuffling? Is the 101° bird failing?

Yes please . . . . less PPV channels and MORE HD. Now that DirecTV PPV on demand over the internet is here we do not need those extra channels.

If I want to watch a PPV I just download it using DirecTV on Demand. In most cases I can start watching in 10 mins (enough time to get 10% of it downloaded) where with the normal PPV I have to wait 30 mins to an hour for the next one to start.

And as of April 15 PPV movies you record will only be good for 24 hours per a message released by DirecTV.

I think the day after I posted my complaint, the PPV schedule returned in full. Maybe it was the Master's Golf tournament. Still, it shows how strained they are for bandwidth.

Those of us who live in rural America still appreciate PPV. I don't have access to high-speed internet, the movie rental place is 20-miles away (time + gas!), and I don't have any trouble at all recording PPV to DVD and keeping them for the archival life of DVDs. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts