Where is the best place to look for wild feeds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
My daughter loves watching the wild feeds on G10 - so, I am looking to find out where is the best place to look for wild feeds? I am going to either get a motor, or a 2nd dish so that we can watch these :) Thanks!

Thanks! I am leaning towards just buying a motor :) A little cheapier than a second dish. I had thought it would be fun to dink around, but the more I think about it, I should just get the motor :)

I got a second dish free, people will get ride of there Primestar dishes, just to get it out of the way. I bought the switches needed to tie both in and works fine. I am set up on G10R and IA5.

IA-6 is my favorite. I've scanned during the day that thing lights up like a christmas tree. Nice to watch the video feed from the LA news choppers.

ok, so all tel sats are now IA but they keep the #.. Thanks, my box has T's

Lsdsound said:
ok, so all tel sats are now IA but they keep the #.. Thanks, my box has T's

sort of...there is one big exception (if you have an old box)
Telstar 4 was replaced with IA8 because T4 blowed up :)

But otherwise, yes
T5 is IA5 at 97 degrees
T6 is IA6 at 93 degrees
T7 is IA7 at 129 degrees
IA8 is at 89 degrees

Larry,

IA6, SBS6, AMC5, IA8 and G11 are probably the best for news feeds. IA6 has CBS and Fox, SBS6 has NBC, AMC5 has CBS and others, G11 and IA8 are mostly ABC.

iafirebuff said:
Thanks! I am leaning towards just buying a motor :) A little cheapier than a second dish. I had thought it would be fun to dink around, but the more I think about it, I should just get the motor :)

Yep... a few of us keep telling you this. ;)

We just bought an above ground pool a few weeks ago, and with all the supplies have bought for it, I thought maybe I would wait...but..... since we found wild feeds...lookout! I hope to get "permission" to order the motor tonight so I can put it up by the weekend :)

iafirebuff said:
THANKS all! My neighbor just threw out his primestar!

Were you able to snag it? :) Only Phase III DirecTV dishes seem to get thrown away in my neighborhood. Also, Winegard Sensar OTA antennas. Got two of each last week from my square block alone...

If you don't know about freecycle, go check it out. It's folks using online email groups (mainly Yahoo) to give their junk to other folks looking for stuff - one man's trash is another's treasure. I'm 90% sure there's gonna be one in your area (or at least state). I'm signed up with several freecycles in this area. So far, over the last year or so, being enrolled in about 3 freecycles in a tricounty area, I've received about 4 ancient computers (got rid of most of those except for a few good items in them - we're talking ancient Gateway 2000s), 2 18" dishes - one of which I ended up giving away, and a Primestar Dish... People throw great stuff away everyday. You might as well sign up and find out where you can get these little gems! Total cost - a few seconds worth of signing up and maybe a little gas and a few hours on weekends or nights looking for the drop off sites that you and giver(s) agree on...

Pretty fun arranging times and places to meet for drop offs. Kinda makes you feel like you're a part of some underground drug ring or something - except you are not, and everything you are doing is fun and legal (or at least should be). Also nice getting to meet new folks through this stuff and learning more about your area by taking off on side roads and unfamiliar territory to get to places you wouldn't normally be going.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)