Where is the Sharks/Red Wings game at in the guide today?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Matt Barry

Original poster
Nov 11, 2010
Ok so the Wings are playing the Sharks today at 12:30, supposed to be on NBC, but in my guide I see Penguins/Sabres, and nothing on Fox Sports Detroit/FSD+, or in the NHL Center Ice channels, which I am a subscriber of. I checked NHL Network and NBC Sports as well, nothing there.

Anyone know whats up?

Regional coverage only from NBC for the noon game. MAP is here:
the506.com - Home

No center ice coverage on NBC regional games, they essentially are blacked out so you have to watch your NBC affiliate.

No reairs on NHLNet or NBCSP for the Wings game either.

WELCOME to Satellitguys, sorry we didn't have better news for you.

I'm not sure where you're located, but the regional game will be carried by NBC. Your local game may be Detroit-San jose or it may be Pittsburgh-Buffalo. Also, I'm sure this game is subject to various blackout rules...which I have never been able to figure-out. That's why I keep Slingbox at my parents home in the Detroit DMA. Plus, the Tivo and Zap2it guides were a bit screwy on this issue (the listing are usally correlated a few days out).

I was looking in my local channel lineup last night and there was all kinds of confusion - the guides appeared to be in the process of being updated. My scheduled recording is out of Washington DC still says Wings-Sharks, but the guide now says Pitt-Buf. Likewise, the Charlottsville VA HD was showing Pitt-Buf and the SD was showing Det-SJ...they both now show Pitt-Buf; Richmond VA is showing Det-SJ...unfortunately, their local NBC is broadcasting on low-band VHF and I have a UHF antenna. Since I'm smack in the middle of DC/Richmond/Charlottesville the cable company provides some SD Richmond/Charlottesville locals...but who want's to watch SD? Anyway, I'm surprised Det-SJ ever appeared in the local lineup since the DC DMA usually shows the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia-New York area games.

I just connected to my Slingbox at my parents house (Detroit area) and the game is being covered by the local NBC. Like others have mentioned, NBC owns the broadcast rights to today's games so you're only going to see it on NBC.

OK, now that it's game time and I'm in the Toledo market and on NBC, they are showing the Pens and Sabres ....
What gives ?

It's that way on the Toledo and Detroit feed.
Is the Wings game being delayed for something ?

Never mind, just a few minutes late.

Detroit started 12:40.

They are streaming all 3 games on NBC web site, they said at the start of the broadcast.

Detroit started 12:40.

They are streaming all 3 games on NBC web site, they said at the start of the broadcast.

Thanks for the heads up. I am streaming the Wings on one of the extra computers at the office now.

Also, the regional NHL on NBC and MLB on Fox rules suck. If you are paying for an out of market sports package you should be able to view your region's game along with the other regions. It seems to work pretty well for the NFL.

Also, the regional NHL on NBC and MLB on Fox rules suck. If you are paying for an out of market sports package you should be able to view your region's game along with the other regions. It seems to work pretty well for the NFL.

I agree :)

Was a bit weird that that had three regional games slated for 12:30, all with different actual start times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)