Where shoudl I start with home remodeling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fbabroff

Original poster
May 22, 2007
Please Some help - New Cable Run for new house

Guys,

I am in the middle of remodeling my house (almost 3/4 of the house) and I am about to run all cables. I was told that I should run 4 lines for direct tv, to be able to split the signal. I am not sure if that is right?

I will have a cable distribution box, for TV cable and satellite, and I would liek to run enought cable to have HD Direct TV or HD Dish Network. In addition, I would like to split the signal using terk 5 x 8 Satellite Multiswitch to at leats 5 locations. My big questiosn are the cable runs, how many cable should I used?
I am using Belden RG6 Quad cable.

Thanks,

Fernando :up

What I would do is have two outlette boxes in the bedrooms and den, three in the basement, and two to three for the living room oh and one to the kitchen. All but the living room should have two cables per outlette though I would add a third to the living room outlettes, also add phoneline to the outletts as well. RG-6 quad is good but not necesary unless your living in an area with alot of electrical noise so save the money and go with regular rg-6. Be sure to label each cable at the outlette and the junction box for easy set up, run 2 - 4 cables outside to an all weather box.

The outlettes that have 3 cables will aford you a sat feed, a back feed, and a spare for cable or another service, having a phone line with them will also take care of the phone line connection issue.

Van,

Thanks, I got a greta dela on the RG6 Quad, about $100 for 1000 feet. The cable run to each location was exactly what i had planned.

What I am not sure is how many cable should I run to the satellite?

Thanks,

Fernando

If you are planning on HD DirecTV, you'll need four lines run to the dish. I also believe that the 5x8 won't work for HD DirecTV. You need a Zinwell 6x8 or 6x16.

I'd also strongly recommend you 2 cat5 cables to each point. One for phone, the other for future IPTV use. The newer satellite boxes have an ethernet port.

Guys,

Thanks, for all your replies. Are Zinwell 6x8 or 6x16 do, backwarrd complitible or are they for HD only, does TERK make a HD multiswitch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)