Where to buy an aluminium satellite dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Puftas

Original poster
Mar 14, 2016
San Jose
Hi guys,
I want to buy an aluminium satellite dish. They weigh much less than usual dishes, which are made from steel.

The light dish has lots of benefits. You can get it on ebay and amazon in Europe.

Aluminium also doesnt rust.

Thanks in advance!

I have an 8-footer spun aluminum dish, yea it's light but you still need a good mount so the wind doesn't blow it around. There are a few companies that make them, but they are more $$ than the mesh. Think DH Antenna makes consumer(ish) TVRO dishes.

hxxp://www.dhsatellite.com/

Reactions: Puftas and k.r.
I think per the OP's other thread he is looking for a smaller Ku dish.
Aluminum is light, but flimsy and does not hold its shape as good without a proper mount.
Works fine on in Eu as their FTA signals are way stronger than here in NA, so even if the dish is warped a bit you don't notice.
I would go with the dish that was recommended in your other thread, the GEOSATpro 90cm.
It is galvanized steel, so you don't have to worry about rust and is very well constructed.

Agreed, for a smaller Ku dish the steel ones are fine. They are powder coated and should give many years of service. You can always paint the mounting area and bolts once it's set up.
My mind always defaults to bigger C-band type dish antennae when Ku isn't specified. :)

Reactions: KE4EST
Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for your help.

The main reason to go with Aluminium than steel, is that the spot where I have to install the dish, is very tricky.

The balcony points to the north instead of south, so I have to mount a metal bar on my balcony so the dish can pass the house and point to the south.

So I have to mount the whole dish with the bar in a way it is very stable and still has free view to the sky. Plus the landlord doesn't allow any nails, screws or mounts on the roof.

A light weight dish is a huge benefit for me.

Puftas Could you upload picture of your installation site and share the idea how you going to attach mast to the balcony's rails? TBH, I do not see much difference in weight of aluminum and usual (made of tin) antennas. The wind load for 90cm dish (aluminum or tin), that what matters, and it will not depend on material dish is made of.

Reactions: FaT Air and KE4EST
If you're sourcing from Europe satellitesuperstore is known for being expensive on like for like products so do shop around. Two brands to look for are Gibertini and Triax, both sell a 1M dish that have similar spec although the elevation control on the Triax can be a real pain to fine tune. My preference would be the Gibby along with an Inverto Single or dual Black Ultra LNB from HM-sat in Germany.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

quaility signal flucuates

Contest - Free Android Internet STB with DVBS2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)