Where to buy DVBWorld products

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coisado

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
All the disscussion about the dvbworld products has gotten me interested. However, I don't know where to purchase their products since it seems most of their stuff is sold as OEM.

I see what you mean.
Didn't find it on eBay, either (probably my fault, though).
You'd think the search engines would solve this for us.

About all I could find was the ill-named company web site.
At least, it lists all their products. ;)

It's a very strange setup. I couldn't find a reseller anywhere (US, Europe, ect.). I sent several emails to their "support" group asking for any reseller name but they couldn't come up with one - anywhere. They offered to sell me one directly if I sent money via Western Union but there was no way I was going to do that. Their website only makes matters worse in trying to figure out how they distribute the product or maybe that's intentional.

There is a seller on eBay that sporadically releases various versions the product (USB, USB-S2, PCI-S2) - that's the only place I've seen these products sold.

Does anybody know how the usals support is for these cards? Good or bad? Last fall i bought a twinhan 1027 to replace my ailing 102g card. I have never been able to get the 1027's usals function to work. The 102g is now on it's last leg and I am looking to get a replacement for the future (dvb-s2).

User Techramp sells dvbworld devices on Ebay, he has some there now. I bought the 2104 from him a month or so ago.
As for Usals, it works fine, the problem with Usals is drivers not written for it or software that has no usals function nativly. What software are you using with the 1027?

For the 1027 I am using the drivers that came with the card. I first tried the bda driver in conjuction with MT. No go. I tried using the azurewave/twinhan DTV software but still no go. As I have researched this it appears that nobody has confirmed that they have had success with the card and usals. I have written azurewave/twinhan but never received a response. So it is time to move on. With respect to the dvbworld dvb-s2 usb box, has anybody got it to work with MT using the bda drivers? I could use another platform but I a enjoy how MT works...... for the most part.

Have you tried the Mytheatre WDM "all pci cards" driver? The card may be too recent, I don't think Saar has done too much updating card drivers in the recent past. I can't recommend the DVBworld 2104 usb box, it is still in development as far as I can see. I've sent 4 or 5 emails during the month I've owned it and got a reply to one of them, haven't heard from them for quite a while now.
The box will do Usals with its own Dvbworld software but it is clunky, you have to preceed your longitude and lattitude setting with a minus (-) sign(there is no mention of this, I discoverd it by trying different things until it worked) , if you want to change satellites you have to go back into the configuration, find the satellite you want to go to and then click apply, then goto X.
The box does work with Mytheatre, but no Usals. It loads up the bda driver for one of the dvb-s versions, not the 2104, it will tune the channel, but takes a long time just to load Mytheatre and initialize the card, you can tell its not what it should be. There is new software on their website dated 2008-04-15. I tried it tonight but no difference, actually its worse here, now it displays an error on startup and crashes.
To be fair, I may have a defective box, maybe others work fine? Good luck with our Azureware card.

Thanks for the input starman. I am still trying to decide which direction I am going to take. That sucks that the usals in that clunky fashion. It sounds like the dvb-s2 cards are all being built on a "build-design" fashion right now to get product out the door. I guess i can slave my pc to a STB until a card (dvb-s2) that seems to be reliable comes out.

Did you ever get the card installed? If so, how do you like it?

Still have not got it installed. I have a Twinhan and Nexus in the computer already, but wanted to make sure I was ready once RTN switches over to DVB-S2. The only drawback is, from what I assume, is that Mytheatre does not suport the new encoding. Could be wrong, but am just waiting for the switch by RTN to take apart the PC. The setup now is working so good, that I don't want to switch untill I have to. Also nice to see the drivers being updated, so hopefully most of the major flaws will be out of them when I do install it.

I have the 2104 usb so yours might give different results but I couldn't get it to tune dvb-s2 channels with Mytheatre or Dvbdream, it did work with Progdvb professional version and the dvbworld software. The card will tune dvb-s signals on MT and DD. There are drivers for dvbworld devices in those softwares but they are for older dvb-s capable devices. I believe new drivers are what is needed to make them work properly, hopefully that will come soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts