Where to buy Equipment??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarrenS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hi, I have been to vender links on top of webpage and i need more places to find what i am looking for PVR receiver 36" dish in packages? anyone know trustworthy venders??

happy with mine

I have the equipment Brent mentioned.

Was tracking PVRs all last year 'till finally the Visionsat caught my eye.
We have a long thread in the review section, for more info.
Just realize that some of the early comments or discoveries have been mostly resolved by several updates in 2007.
Many receivers don't get manufacturer support at all.
This one does switches and motors quite well, supports most all hard drives (worked with all I tried), and has a first-class picture.

I don't brag about it because I bought one and have to defend it.
I bought it because it seemed the best value for a working receiver.

PS: ordered at least three shipments from the company in 2007, and was pleased each time.

Thankyou. I think you both Sold me on that one, its my first setup and I just want a PVR that is trouble free and easy to use.

I think you'll be happy with the VisionSat iv200 . I've been pleasantly surprised with the way it's developed into a very competent box. The support that SatelliteAV has given us during the receiver's "teething" time has been outstanding . They've frequently gone back to the manufacturer for new firmware to iron out the original bugs. Don't be a stranger, now, hang around the the forums and learn from the old guys ( and help them out when necessary ) !

:)

Brent

Anything I should get besides the motorized package? before i place order? There Shipping charges are really reasonable compared to other venders i have seen.

The package is pretty complete . Only stuff I can think of is cable , connectors and a crimper. Be prepared to take a small TV out to the dish with you for the initial tuning , it's the easiest method.
In time, you'll probably acquire a couple boxes of extra goodies, but you have to start somewhere.

:)

Brent

Ok Thanks Guys for your Help, I will put order in tonight.Thats a good deal, the Pakage GloryStar sells is $200 and No PVR.

I put order in for Motorized Package, thanks for help, i was hoping it would at least ship by today thats 2 full days since order but I quess they are slow at shipping, I will remember that when i need something else. I build PCs and order PC parts all the time and most the places if you put your order by 10AM it ships out the same day, so 2 days or more is really Slow to me.

Last edited:
Yes it looks like a good starter system to play around with and learn the basics, I wanted to get mine before next saturday so i can get it install before Dish guy comes to install dish Sat. I think the kids will get the Receiver after i get bored with it and upgrade to better one:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)